Wednesday, December 07, 2005

2 year wait

In 2003, Sean bought his nephews Jacob, Timothy, and Samuel a Catholic youth bible . . . I still have it. I am going to visit the Sims family for a couple of days and will be taking them their Christmas presents from Colin. I have decided to wrap the bible Sean bought for the boys, but I just did not want it to be a gift . . . I even put that the gift was from Sean. Here is what I wrote in the card addressed to the entire family . .

I have been thinking about what to write about this gift for over a year. Before Sean left for Iraq he bought this for the boys . . . I was to send it for Christmas 2003 but didn't. Last year is a huge blur but now I am taking the time to finally get this to the boys. I only wish Sean would have written a note to them inside but his heart was in the right place. He always thought of the boys . . . how crazy and silly they were . . . he adored them and always talked about how cute they were. I hope the boys have a happy life and that their Uncle Sean will be forever in their hearts.

These photos were taken on Sean's R&R in August 2004 . . . it was the first time that he and all his siblings were together since we got married in 1998 . . . I was the only one who knew he was coming home for a visit . . . it truly was a surprise and the reaction was amazing!

Sean with Timmy, Murphy, and Colin

Sam, Jake, and Tim . . . don't they look so sweet!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, i just wana say that im sorry about ur husband's passing...i pray that god be with u in this difficult times and protect u from any harm, evil or danger....my mom is a widow and a single mother as well. my father died when i was 4, so i kinda noe how u feel. i wish u all the best, take care and god bless.....

12/07/2005 8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those boys are adorable! Pictures of Colin always put a smile on my face, too.

It makes me laugh too, how I've seen in a few pictures that the dog (yours?)is also right there, laying on Sean. He was obviously loved by ALL!

12/07/2005 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home