Friday, October 19, 2007

wonder

There are times when small things mean so much. As I drove home yesterday I wondered if the construction workers had hit my recycle bins and trash cans. You know those things aren't cheap. Sometimes they find their way in the road after they are emptied but as I pulled in the drive they were so neatly stacked by my garage door. Some nice person brought them from the curb to my back gate. Oh how nice . . . I have no clue who did it but probably one of the neighbors. They also will notice if I have been away from the house at night and put the paper by my door. I really appreciate each and every little gesture.


When I first moved in the house, I got a beautiful delivery of my absolute favorite flowers. The card was just signed from a special friend . . . to this day I have no clue who sent them but they were so beautiful and the most vivid colors. They reminded me of the last bouquet of flowers Sean sent me for our anniversary in June 2004when I was in the states . . .

I too have tried to do these random acts . . . if it makes me feel so good then putting a smile on someone elses face would be nice!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Heidi, Just wanted to say hello and I think about you often. I will write soon and update you about the family and all that is going on. So much has changed but I been thinking aobut you a lot lately. Love you and miss you! Hang in there!

10/19/2007 10:05 AM  
Blogger debey said...

I also find myself, doing ''random acts of kindness''.....usually, it's off the wall stuff, like Gunar was famous for....decorating an elderly persons yard, for fall, or Christmas, or helping mow....i'm kinda slack, in the tire changing department!

10/19/2007 11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mother, who was born in 1912, had a tradition of placing May Day flowers on neighbors porches. She continued this as long as she was able and well into her 80's. When she was a girl it was the tradition and a nice one. It is such a shame the communist took away our old fashioned May Day celebrations.

10/19/2007 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home