a year
in the making . . . actually 11 months but who is counting? I started this project in January and met once a month with other ladies for about 4 hours . . . today I pinned the last row and sewed the last seam . . . I was so excited to be DONE! It is from a book called The Civil War Love Letter Quilt . . . each block (all 121 of them) represents an actual letter written by a soldier to his family. I used reproduction fabrics too. I have tons of extra pieces of fabric if anyone is interested in taking on this project.

Now it is off to the lady with the fancy machine to do the final quilting!
I can't wait to get it on my bed!
Now it is off to the lady with the fancy machine to do the final quilting!
I can't wait to get it on my bed!

10 Comments:
ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING!
Wow! It's beautiful!
it turned out wonderful! It's beautiful, just beautiful.
Gorgeous! It's beautiful, Heidi!
Exquisite! What a work of art! ;)
Great job Heidi!
I did not realize you were a quilter! I like that you took a picture of the back where someone gets a sense of how much work a quilt like that takes. The top is a beauty the back of a pieced top shows commitment and tenacity and how much detail goes into such a project, and a slight sense of how much extra fabric you need for a quilt.
Is there any one of those blocks that is your favorite? I usually end up with a favorite in something like a BOM quilt.
oh my gosh, heidi, the quilt is gorgeous.
I'm a military widow/mom too and I'm making a quilt for my daughter using pieces of my husband's clothes. Just an idea...
You did a wonderful job, Heidi! Not every quilter wants to show off the backs of the blocks, but you yours are certainly worthy of presentation. What quilting design will you use? Stitch-in-the-ditch? Something else? Or do you trust your quilter to decide?
Pat yourself on the back. You can be justifiably proud!
Awww, Pam would be so proud of you! I can't believe you have gotten so advanced! After all these years with Pammy, I am still a novice when it comes to quilting. We just finished make tote bags. And that was hard for me! I am just challenged when it comes to the precision it takes to quilt and mental compentence it takes to decipher the directions. Beautiful job.---Kim Hernandez
Post a Comment
<< Home