Sunday, April 05, 2020

Here we go . . . Week 5

We are starting our 5th week of no school.  The first week was our official Spring Break and in the middle of that week things started to turn upside down.  It hasn't been easy to be confined to home, but we are getting into a routine.  Well and parenting has become very relaxed . . . I am at the point of whatever you want to do then do it BUT you better have all school work turned in on time.  Probably not the best plan, but it is working at this point.  Me on the other hand, well I am going a bit crazy.  I don't have any specific work for school so each day I try to accomplish one inside and one outside house task.  Of course it has rained a lot so not getting much done outside but slowly checking things off my list.  I have spent a lot of time watching television shows . . . last night (Saturday) I was up until 3am because I could not turn off the show.  Odd thing it is a series I have watched before but I just love it that much.  Last year I watched the entire Call the Midwife series . . . loved, loved it and had the same issue with turning it off then too.  If I could go back and live life during that time period in England that would be what I would do.  It brings back a lot of memories of living in Germany.  Life was just so different . . . granted more expensive and more taxes but just more relaxed and well it is Europe.  It is something I guess it is hard to explain until you live it.  Today I joked with one of my friends that lived in Germany at the same time as me that this shelter in place almost feels like a Sunday in Germany and Groundhog Day all in one.  We laughed!  So back to Call the Midwife . . . I have decided to go back and watch it again and it is funny all the things that I missed the first time that it almost feels like I must have skipped some episodes or napped during them.  I just love it!  I have also watched a few other BBC shows but for some reason Netflix removed them at the end of last month.  I finished The Handmaid's Tale on Hulu in a few days too . . . it was a bit slow but once I got into it I could not stop!  Other than that not much else is going on here.  We leave our house 2 maybe 3 times a week . . . Colin for allergy shots and me for groceries.  I find myself washing a lot more pajamas (mainly pajamas) and my poor dishwasher runs daily which is not normal for our house.  I figure if my teaching job gets cut that I have a lot of practice being a short order cook the last few weeks too.  Why does the teen think he needs 3 meals a day?  Oh and then there are snacks too.  That has been the hardest part of my once a week grocery shopping is trying to figure out how much food to buy and that is if it is available.  Store shelves have become more stocked the last week too.  So we plug on and hope for the best. 

Oh and I miss the chickens . . . at least if they were here I would have something to do!  I even thought about going to get a few baby ducks for fun but I knew my dad would not be happy if we showed up with some new farm pets!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home