Friday, November 25, 2005

November 25, 2004

Last year it was Thanksgiving Day . . . I could not wait to head to College Station and see Sean . . . so I could know for sure if what I had been told was true. We were all so tired but got good sleep. We returned the rental car and tried to find somewhere to eat Thanksgiving Dinner . . . I was in NO mood to be around people. We drove around for over an hour looking for some where to eat . . . not even McDonald's was open . . . we ended up at Super Walmart . . . yum, yum! Nothing like eating a sandwich in the parking lot for Thanksgiving. We then drove to College Station and got settled into the hotel we would live in for the next 5 days. I was trying to avoid going to see the Sims family but knew it had to be done. We made an appearance and headed back to the hotel. It was a little strange and I felt like everyone kept staring at me. I was very uncomfortable.

Most of our friends and family were arriving the next day . . . we had the entire hotel rented out so it felt more like a family reunion than a funeral which was weird too. So much happiness and "partying" going on that I felt very out of place . . . just did not seem like the right time to be living it up. I guess for me it was just a more personal loss . . . Sean was a huge part of my life for the last 10 years and he was not there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home