Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Travel Trivia #7 ANSWER

Sorry this is a little late but the correct answer was . . .

Gibraltar . . . The Rock of Gibraltar to be exact. Only one person had the correct answer . . . way to go Dorothee! This was our Kosovo R&R in April 2003.

We had tried to go to Gibraltar earlier but me know realizing it was a different country (British), I did not take my passport . . . of course Sean had his. We were denied entry. It looked so beautiful that we went back to Marbella, Spain to get my passport. It is weird because most people park their car and walk across the border, you cross the airport runway, and arrive in the city. It is a very easy walk. Of course Sean loved all the British pubs and fish and chips for lunch. I remember monkeys . . . everywhere there were monkeys just roaming. As we left for the day we were passing through the Spanish passport control when a lady asked Sean to take a bag of "stuff" for her because she had bought more than she was allowed. She said there were cigarettes in the bag, but I pitched a fit and demanded Sean tell her NO! I was furious at him . . . how did he know it wasn't illegal drugs? I remember telling him that I was not going to bail him out of jail! He is just too nice and said no problem. I was so nervous as we passed the guards, but we made it and he gave the lady back her bag. I told him he can't do stupid stuff like that again.

Entry DENIED . . .

More Monkeys . . .

View from the top of THE ROCK . . .

1 Comments:

Blogger KBG said...

We had a similar 'bag' situation when we came back from Kiev in April. One of the teachers at our language school asked us to pick up a bag of medications from a friend there for her mother who lives with her. Of course Todd said yes. This bag of medicines was ENORMOUS and took up a lot of room. The suitcase it was in got lost on the way back - we did eventually get it - and we were sure that we were going to jail. I said never again... Good to know we aren't the only ones!!

5/24/2006 8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home