the 'dark' side
So we have entered the dark side of youth sports . . . the kiddo can not stop smiling and is SO very excited! Seriously he can not do any ting but smile and talk about his soccer team. We finally heard from the coach . . . I could go on a rant of how unorganized this league is but will bite my tongue but seriously it is a zoo . . . and the first practice was last night. He was so disappointed on Tuesday when practice was cancelled but a tropical storm really dumped tons of rain on us which we needed but not as much as quick as we got of course.
When I signed up I was under the impression that the teams would be formed by where you attend school or town you live so it would be easy to get to and from practices; well that was totally wrong . . . don't think one kid on the team goes to his school or even lives in our town . . . anyway, we had to drive 25 minutes from our house to practice . . . it isn't that far but I was expecting 5-10 minutes. They practice at a soccer field near the college's football stadium (Hi ABW . . . yes we are in your 'country'). Colin thought his first game was going to be in the stadium and on television . . . it was so cute but funny and is he going to be disappointed at the location of his first game. A few pictures from last night . . . none of his face as I stayed far away . . .


. . . at times you would have thought he was a yell leader . . . that is what we call them you know . . . he was jumping and hollering and did I mention excited? Great he loves it and I have a feeling that we are in this for the long haul.
When I signed up I was under the impression that the teams would be formed by where you attend school or town you live so it would be easy to get to and from practices; well that was totally wrong . . . don't think one kid on the team goes to his school or even lives in our town . . . anyway, we had to drive 25 minutes from our house to practice . . . it isn't that far but I was expecting 5-10 minutes. They practice at a soccer field near the college's football stadium (Hi ABW . . . yes we are in your 'country'). Colin thought his first game was going to be in the stadium and on television . . . it was so cute but funny and is he going to be disappointed at the location of his first game. A few pictures from last night . . . none of his face as I stayed far away . . .

5 Comments:
What exciting days you have ahead! Enjoy!
The growing up is going to go faster and faster now -- enjoy the ride! ~Sue K
how cute! enjoy soccer! we did teeball last spring and it was nothing short of a laugh fest. however the other parents did kinda annoy me. so take the good with the bad i suppose.
LOL Only good things happen in that area!!!!
I have pictures of the Mr. Potato Head book that I finally got back today. I'll get them out to you, so you can see her madness, I mean creativity! LOL
I hope he has a great time!
Oh ABW . . . 'good' things . . . yesterday someone was shooting a gun . . . seriously I heard about 5 gun shots. It was probably 'just' a pellet gun but no one else was trying to figure it out . . . thankfully practice is on the other side of town later in the week . . . of course longer drive for me but hopefully only shots we hear are ar the gun club down the street, LOL.
Post a Comment
<< Home