Back to School 2014
I say it every year but this summer went by so fast! I am not ready to return to school/work and well neither is the 5th grader. Yes, I said 5th grade . . . not sure how that happened either. I am looking forward to this year . . . same school district but new campus! My absolute favorite grade to teach was 5th grade. My first year of teaching 5th grade was a huge learning experience . . . here I am with my first class of 5th graders . . .
. . . by the way they are all grown up now. Colin loved looking at the photo and was impressed I remembered all their names. I even had a few stories about some of them and all the chatting had me wondering "where are they now?" . . . some I follow while others grew up and moved on with life . . . such is the life of an Army Brat . . . good times I tell you . . . some of the best years of my life!
This year I already have a feeling I will be learning 5th grade again especially science . . . the homework and tests are already consuming a lot of our time each evening . . . he averages 3-4 test each week all on Thursday and Friday of course. My kiddo was so excited but a little bit nervous too . . .
. . . he even rode the bus the first day . . . go figure! I am hoping for a great year! Look at that smile . . . I can't believe he is growing up so fast! And his yearbook photo for this year turned out good too!
. . . by the way they are all grown up now. Colin loved looking at the photo and was impressed I remembered all their names. I even had a few stories about some of them and all the chatting had me wondering "where are they now?" . . . some I follow while others grew up and moved on with life . . . such is the life of an Army Brat . . . good times I tell you . . . some of the best years of my life!
This year I already have a feeling I will be learning 5th grade again especially science . . . the homework and tests are already consuming a lot of our time each evening . . . he averages 3-4 test each week all on Thursday and Friday of course. My kiddo was so excited but a little bit nervous too . . .
. . . he even rode the bus the first day . . . go figure! I am hoping for a great year! Look at that smile . . . I can't believe he is growing up so fast! And his yearbook photo for this year turned out good too!



2 Comments:
Great pictures! He's growing up so fast! Look at the yearbook picture. Wow! Where's that little boy we've gotten to know?!? Hope you both have a great school year!!! It'll be fun following along with your new adventures. So excited for you both! ; )
What a wonderful looking boy you have. I'm sure you have done a great job of raising him so far. Well done.
Post a Comment
<< Home