Sunday, May 24, 2020

D-O-N-E

Where has the month of May gone?  I can't believe we have been out of school since March 6 . . . 79 days.  I continue to walk daily but the Texas heat is starting to get to me so we shall see how long my motivation last.  We have started to hit a wall . . . you know when the home bound loving 16 year old says he is bored and getting tired of playing on his computer that you have been home too long.  We have slowly introduced ourselves back into society.  We still try to keep our trips in public to a minimum.  I was at a big box store buying some flowers and you would never know we were suppose to be practicing social distancing.  People are just crazy and seem to have forgotten we are still suppose to be aware of our surroundings.  The only place it seems to still be evident is at restaurants if they are even open at all.  We went to one of our favorite local Mexican food places and it was pure bliss.  Of course other than the staff we were the only people eating inside.  We just sat there and enjoyed it and were thankful the establishment survived being shut down for months.  In other news last week Colin had a lot of big news . . .

1.  braces are off . . . 30 months total and a small delay due to shut down
2.  driver's license driving test passed . . . now we wait on Texas DPS to open to get the card
3.  10th grade work all submitted . . . I admit I was done about 4 weeks ago!

So many things to celebrate sounds like it is time for a vacation . . . I am eagerly awaiting what our summer travel plans might be . . . at this point we have nothing really planned but I am hopeful we will be able to go somewhere!

***Just after I posted this I received the weekly email from Colin's school principal letting families know that since school iPads are being turned in this week that learning would now transition to e-learning on any computer or smart device . . . it took all I had to not hit reply and let her know that we are good . . . no thanks . . . we are D-O-N-E!*** 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Charles Obrien said...

Nice shaare

1/06/2024 2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home