Monday, June 07, 2021

catching up

School has been out for a week and we have done very little.  While I want to get out, travel, and explore new places; I just can't seem to get motivated.  I want places to be open with limited restrictions and well that isn't happening.  Don't get me wrong I am a planner but sometimes I like to be flexible and just show up at a museum and well that can't happen right now.  I will say it has been so nice to be in Texas and not wear a mask.  I still carry one but don't wear it unless required.  It is freeing!  I hated every minute of wearing one at school trying to talk and teach and it was so hot and miserable.  I have also been struggling with one thing lately . . . time!  I have a senior in high school . . . let that sink in!  It is going to be a hard year for me and even harder this time next year.  He finished his junior year with excellent grades and managed to move up a lot of spaces in his class rank.  So much that I emailed his counselor questioning one class on his transcript, yep I am that mom.  We have a couple of college visits in the works during the summer (nothing exciting just around Texas) but just gearing up for the big college applications when the system opens up on August 1.  I am ready but not ready.  



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've followed but not commented for quite some time.
Time-- where does it go? Colin a senior? How can that be?

I wake up every day and wonder how am I still here. I am 84 now and will probably have quite a few more years to go. It does seem longer than the time I've watched you learn to live, and live it well, but not a whole lot more.
all three of my children are in their 60's, the last one turned 60 in February. I have 2 sons, one in San Marcos and one in San Antonio, they flew down to bring their dad a birthday/fathers day gift today, and have lunch with mom, too. I asked them if they remembered when we used to return the coke bottles to the store. One said to the other, "she doesn't realize we are old now too." He does have lovely Yorkie looking hair.

Anyway, time gets away from you, and you cannot bring it back, just love the memories. I still enjoy seeing what you are doing, chickens and all.

6/08/2021 9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home