Friday, October 07, 2005

Flashback Friday

Getting ready to sail the Greek Islands
Everyday seems to bring back memories of what I was doing at this time last year or earlier. So this time last year it was just a normal day in the classroom with some of the sweetest kids I have ever had, but three years ago I was having a blast. Sean was on block leave before he deployed to Kosovo with 3BDE as the S-4, and I was playing hooky from school. Yep, playing hooky . . . I had a student teacher so I am sure the kids were just fine. Since Sean was to be gone for six months that meant six months of no European Adventures. Well, we went on a cruise to Greece! Three years ago we left from Venice for the first cruise of our lives. I remember standing on our balcony as we left Venice, listening to Andrea Bocelli, and tears in my eyes as I gazed at Venice. WOW! I was living a great life. It was a great trip and the memories are even better.

Getting ready to go to our safety zone . . . always time for a photo!



Waiting for all the Europeans to show up so the "boat" can set sail.


The view from our balcony . . . priceless!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heidi:

OK - you got me - I read on as tears fill up in my eyes. The picture of Sean is "so Sean.” I mean by that leaning to the side, sort of cocked like why do I have to take this goofy picture, casual and on an adventure. For that I smiled – I mean really took a minute to smile and remember what an awesome guy he was. I commit to being a faithful reader of your endeavor. It is inspiring to see you compile all these thoughts in one place for Colin and I must say a privilege to be let in. Bravo for you on this journey.

MD

10/07/2005 1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, Heidi-
Your posts show you to be a strong and thoughtful woman- strengths you will need (as you know)in coping with your loss...
Others in the blogosphere know me; and know that I lost my wife and son in an accident 10 years ago.
Ten years ago- Heidi, the grief never really lessens but the pain does, believe me. You have your son; I have my daughter- Chanele- she was three years old then and I raised her up and now she's a sophomore at UT San Antonio. She kept my sanity intact and gave me a purpose when my own life seemed like the bitchiest goddam waste and I wanted several times to just hang it up...
That was a bad period but I got through it thanks to Chanele.
Colin will do the same for you, I think... good luck to you, Heidi- and you can email me anytime you want to talk.
God bless, Neffi

10/07/2005 5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty young for a soph! Chanele was eight when Michele and Brent died...

10/07/2005 5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heidi,

I can remember you & Sean when you headed down to Italy to make that trip. Jason and I were excited to see you both. I think that the memories you've made together will last a lifetime. I have no idea of the pain you suffer daily but I am so blown away by your strength. I will definitely be keeping up with you via your blog. Thank you for sharing and I know that someday Colin will be able to read this and know how strong you really are.

Thinking of you, T

10/09/2005 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home