Webcam
Sean and I loved to communicate by Yahoo Instant Messenger . . . I have printed out all our "conversations" we had for nine months. We also liked to use the webcam so we could see him, and he could see how Colin was growing. Sean left when Colin was five weeks old so he changed a lot. I sent Sean a new camera to bribe him to take photos of his time in Iraq . . . one day during a webcam chat he pulled it out. He was so proud of it and thankfully he used it a lot. I made so much fun of him for taking these photos, but they are so neat now. Who takes photos of the computer screen? I can't imagine having a husband at war and not have all the technology of today. Our generation sure is more fortunate than previous.
I think he is proud of his boy!


3 Comments:
Oh gosh...that is just priceless!
Oh, Heidi, those are wonderful. And so clear! My webcam -- the cheapest one the Powerzone had -- always made me look green. It made for many Incredible Hulk jokes!
My grandfather and grandmother were both in the Army in WWII and my uncle was in Vietnam. My grandmother still has the letters from both wars...she said it took she and my grandfather about 3 weeks to get a letter from my uncle during vietnam. We are a lucky generation.
Post a Comment
<< Home