Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Widow Humor

The subject of phone solicitors came up a week or so ago on the email chat group . . . when someone calls it is hard to explain what happened without going into a long story and hold all the emotions inside. I don't get many phone calls for Sean, but he sure gets a lot of mail.

One of the widows finally had enough one day . . . she told the solicitor her husband was not reachable at that number . . . they asked for a new number . . . boy did she get them. She gave them the cemetery phone number! I can imagine the look on the solicitors face when the cemetery answered! What quick thinking. Another told a caller that when there was a direct line to heaven she would sure pass on that information. Wouldn't that be nice!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a widow but I can understand that. Being of an age where parents and aunts and uncles are gone, I know how long they continue to get mail. It's really hard to get off those lists.
I also know that in seeing these people through long illnesses you can sometimes develop a "gallows" humor. It's hard and humor helps get through the hard times. It's possible some of that is going on with you and your friends, if it is, its normal.
How did school work out today? Better, I hope.

10/19/2005 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home