Email Group
A friend asked me about this email group I joined. I could tell she was curious but just did not know how to ask me. I am sure others might be curious too. It is a group of women (men can join too) who have all lost their husband either in Iraq, Afghanistan, or other service connected accidents. It took me six months to find them and sign up for it. I have learned a lot from others. As much as everyone means well, you just don't understand unless you have been there. It so sad to be only 31 with a small child and lose your husband. All of them understand what it is like.
She wanted to know what we all talk about since we have never met . . . so this is four of the most common things we talk/write about:
4. in-laws and problems with family
3. accepting this "new" life and how to deal with life now
2. benefits or lack of (I will get on my soapbox about this soon!)
1. the obvious . . . our husbands and how much we love and miss them
Not everyone writes . . . but just about everyone reads all the messages. I really enjoy reading about all the great soldiers we have lost. A wife can really tell you so many great things about her husband. Of course, it causes me sorrow when I see a new email titled "New Member" or "Introduction", it has made life a little easier knowing there are others in my shoes.
She wanted to know what we all talk about since we have never met . . . so this is four of the most common things we talk/write about:
4. in-laws and problems with family
3. accepting this "new" life and how to deal with life now
2. benefits or lack of (I will get on my soapbox about this soon!)
1. the obvious . . . our husbands and how much we love and miss them
Not everyone writes . . . but just about everyone reads all the messages. I really enjoy reading about all the great soldiers we have lost. A wife can really tell you so many great things about her husband. Of course, it causes me sorrow when I see a new email titled "New Member" or "Introduction", it has made life a little easier knowing there are others in my shoes.

2 Comments:
Heidi, I joined an email list when I was pregnant with my first child. It was for women who were due in March of 2000. The list started over 6 years ago, and we are all very close friends. We fly to visit each other, plan reunions, etc. At first, everyone thought I was off my rocker to be even emailing with "strangers". Now, even my in-laws have accepted the importance these friends play in my life. I'm glad you found an email list for what you're going through too. It will be an amazing source of support for you!!
My husband was severely injured just two years ago. I found a wonderful and supportive group on MSN that I participate in regularly. I think it is so important to talk to people who know what you have been through. Only they can understand. I am glad that you reached out. Some of my best supporters I have met through the internet.
Post a Comment
<< Home