Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Road Trip to Czech

Sean and I loved to travel when we lived in Germany. We were only 40 minutes from the Czech Republic border, and it became one of our favorite places to visit. We both fell in love with Eastern Europe . . . not to mention it was so cheap! Our last trip before Colin was born was to Cesky Krumlov. It was the Columbus Day weekend so we headed out for a road trip. I must admit that being almost 7 months pregnant was not the best time to visit any city, but it was one last opportunity before life changed. Sean loved to get a map and walk all over the city. I sure do appreciate his motivation now. I miss living in Germany and seeing the beauty of Europe! I can't wait to go back . . . soon very soon!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't even know when I am writing here - I am embarased to say I don't even know what a blog is, but I have to tell say that you are one of the strongest women I have ever met. I am a friend of Kara's from high school and I was supposed to go visit her in Dallas around the time that Sean was killed. I remember her calling me on my way home from work one day to tell me your story. I remember crying on the highway for you and I didn't even know you. She continued to send me emails and updates on you and your son and when she sent me this I just had to respond. I just want you to know that there are so many people out here that know your story and although we have know idea how you are making it though each day, we think about you often. Your journal really puts into perspective for us civilians the sacrifices that your families make for us on a daily basis and although we do not know the half of it, we really DO appreciate it. Sometime you pop into my head when I am ticked at my husband for some silly thing and I think to myself I am the biggest whiner because no matter how mad I am, at least at the end of the day I can still hug him. I am sorry for the pain you have gone through the past year and that you will continue to go through, but I thank you sharing this with me and may God bless you and that adorable little boy

sara

10/11/2005 6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home