Sleep
One of my favorite times to watch Colin is when he is sleeping . . . he is so peaceful and still. He often sleeps with me . . . I know probably not the best move but who cares. He may not look like Sean, but he sure acts like him sometimes.
1. Colin hogs the bed. Instead of laying parallel to me he lays perpendicular which means I have less room than when I shared my bed with Sean.
2. He hates to be touched. Colin makes noises as if he is in pain. I reach over to pat him and he flings his arms and pushes my hand away plus he makes a sound of disapproval.
3. Dreams . . . all the time. He will just bust out in a full laugh, and I wonder what he is dreaming about . . . does he remember his daddy?
4. He hates to be covered up so I under up sweating with 10 pounds of blankets.
Even though some nights he interrupts my sleep, I still love him and find comfort with him . . . how could I not?

PS I got seven hours of consecutive sleep last night . . . ok so the cough syrup helped, but I have not felt this rested in almost a year.
1. Colin hogs the bed. Instead of laying parallel to me he lays perpendicular which means I have less room than when I shared my bed with Sean.
2. He hates to be touched. Colin makes noises as if he is in pain. I reach over to pat him and he flings his arms and pushes my hand away plus he makes a sound of disapproval.
3. Dreams . . . all the time. He will just bust out in a full laugh, and I wonder what he is dreaming about . . . does he remember his daddy?
4. He hates to be covered up so I under up sweating with 10 pounds of blankets.
Even though some nights he interrupts my sleep, I still love him and find comfort with him . . . how could I not?
PS I got seven hours of consecutive sleep last night . . . ok so the cough syrup helped, but I have not felt this rested in almost a year.

2 Comments:
My mother-in-law says that my husband hated to be held as a baby. He would cry as soon as anyone picked him up! And to this day, he doesn't really like being touched. Over the past few years, he's learned to tolerate it from me though! Maybe Colin will be similar someday...
Don't ever lament letting him sleep in your bed! We made the same "mistake" with our son, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Now that he's almost 4, his late-night visits are farther and farther apart....and I miss them.
BTW, he's precious!!
Post a Comment
<< Home