At your service . . .
When I moved back home many thought I was their taxi service. I had no job and had no real life but watching TV. I often got called to do errands or to take people places. At the time it drove me crazy, but I guess it was good because it made me get out of the house and get dressed. I sure did love wearing PJs all day! Last week I took my grandmother to her diabetic class. I was helping her fill out the paperwork and one question really shocked me. It was your basic questionnaire and here is the kicker questions:
What is your martial status?
1. single
2. married
3. divorced
4. widowed
5. separated
6. cohabitating
WHAT? Cohabitating? I am not against people who decide to cohabitate but when did it become a state of marriage? I have never seen this on any type of form. I guess it is just a sign of the times.
What is your martial status?
1. single
2. married
3. divorced
4. widowed
5. separated
6. cohabitating
WHAT? Cohabitating? I am not against people who decide to cohabitate but when did it become a state of marriage? I have never seen this on any type of form. I guess it is just a sign of the times.

2 Comments:
I always thought it was funny that Swedes could be engaged indefinitely. In the US, engaged means that you're planning a wedding, like you have some sort of date (or at least a timeframe) in mind. In Sweden, it's just a sign of commitment. My friend's brother got engaged right around the same time I did -- four years ago. He still has no plans to actually get married. So bizarre.
well, it is a sign of the times, because so many people live together without being married, so it is not fair that they write single, if they are in fact not single. And they are not married either. So...
Post a Comment
<< Home