Tuesday, December 13, 2005

In the Mail

I have finally finished making all my Christmas Cards . . . yes I made them! I am still trying to locate a couple addresses so I can send holiday greetings. It is now up to the US Postal Service to get them to their final destination.

I got an email from a family member telling me how depressing the card was . . . I never intended it to be that way . . . I thought that the message was a true reflection of how I was feeling and how Sean is still a part of our lives. I will post the photo and message later in the month. For those who get a sneak peak, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed making them.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heidi,
I thought that your Christmas card was one of the most beautiful, heart-felt cards that I've ever seen. You were so eloquent with your words and spoke from the heart. I was so glad to see you a part of the card this year. I know that many will think the same way as I do.

12/13/2005 2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heidi,
Thank you for the card, I thought it was beautiful. I am always so glad when I get a card from you and I was very impressed that you made this card.
Merry Christmas,
Diana

12/13/2005 5:14 PM  
Blogger texasbug said...

I thought it was the most beautiful card I'd ever received and I've shared it with everyone who has entered my home since! You're words and the way you displayed them was so beautiful and moving and I loved the photos. Thanks so much for including us on your list!

12/13/2005 5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there. Your blog was recently shared with us on http://www.socnetcentral.com/vb. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, and Merry Christmas to you and your family. Your husband was a lucky man.

12/13/2005 8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Consider the source ~ perception is everything and perhaps the person who found the card so depressing is depressed his or herself. Try not to take it personally, which I know is easier said than done.

I thought your card was one of the most beautiful and sincere ones I've ever received. The photo on the front is so spontaneous and when I opened the card and saw your shining star, I got the biggest smile on my face. The words are so meaningful. I was amazed, once again, how graciously you honored Sean.

MISS YOU!
Patti

12/13/2005 11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heidi, first I must say that I am so amazed that you had the energy to MAKE your Christmas cards. You're amazing! The best I'll be able to do this year is a Christmas e-mail. Your card is so lovely. You really have a wonderful way with words....you express yourself so well. I hope you save one to show Colin. I'm sure he would love to have that.

12/14/2005 12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heidi,

I must agree with all the others. Yours is the most wonderful Christmas card that I have ever received. It contained words from your heart, a heart on the mend. I did not find it depressing but a joyful celebration of life. The life you are living and the life of one that you love. Thank you for sharing that with us. I feel blessed to be a part of that.

Love, Teresa

12/14/2005 12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heidi, you know I'm a foreigner and not good with fancy words. Your Christmas card shows how much you love Sean and Colin....it had great pictures, fantastic words and an amazing layout.
We will treasure it forever, thank you.

12/14/2005 2:02 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I got it yesterday, and I thought you did a beautiful job. I think you have the right to give a card that reflects the reality of your situation; you shouldn't have to pretend your life is all flowers and kitty cats right now just so you can avoid making someone "depressed" for five seconds while they read your card. You handled the situation well, in my opinion, and now I have a beautiful card front and center on my Christmas card rack.

12/15/2005 12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home