Perfect Present . . . again!
Sean and I met in January/February 1994 . . . we married in June 1998 . . . for as long as I can remember I have begged for photos of Sean at all stages of his life! I only had a handful of snapshots of him as a boy. I really want to get my hands on all that I can so that Colin will one day have them. Pictures of Sean is what I asked for from the Sims family for Christmas and finally I have some . . . never enough but I won't press my luck! They have been right on target for my gift the last two years! THANKS a million . . . can't wait to get more photos . . . hint, hint!
And one of my favorite photos of Sean (left) and his brother (right) . . . it was also placed in the pocket of Sean's blues jacket over his heart . . . he loved his brother and I too have really come to think highly of him. I don't know where I would be today without his continued support and advice . . . maybe it was our trip to Ireland back in 2003 . . .



6 Comments:
I love that we have the technology today to reprint photos. I too made many trips to that Kodak machine at Walmart to make copies of my husband's baby photos. I love that we can all have a copy for a mere 50 cents.
I posted my favorite of Russ on his birthday last year: http://tryingtogrok.mu.nu/archives/039556.html
I don't have any pictures of my husband when he was a kid....I've begged them for at least 13 years. Why do in-laws not want to share, but expect to get pic from the grandchildren.
IN-LAWS!!! I also have been asking for 3 years and have not recieved any or have been told "I already gave them to you".(yeah..that's why I am still asking!) I hope that you and Colin enjoy all the photos you were given. I guess it's rare to get them!:0)
WE CONFESS!
A couple of years ago...without telling anyone, my husband and I took five pictures...the best ones, yep. Don't feel bad a bit. It was never discovered. All the family pictures are just in an old shoe box, collecting dust in the attic and don't get shared.
I'm lucky! I have a wonderful mother-in-law! After Sarah was born, Mom gave me my husband's baby book and baby photo album. I knew when he napped, what he ate, his first words, etc. There was one picture that I loved that was of Jack fishing when he was a little boy. I believe Sarah has that now, and I know she treasures it. Any time Mom ran across a photo tucked in the back of a frame, she'd send it to me. She even made a scrapbook for me that has all of Jack's old report cards, sports recognitions, activity medals, etc. Now that she's in her 80's she is even returning pics of my kids that I'd given her while they were growing up, which I think is a wonderful idea. I always give her a current picture of them for her to display.
Maybe other mother-in-laws reading this will do the same. These gestures don't diminish the love between mother and son. To me, it improves the mother/daughter-in-law relationship, which in turn makes for a better mother/son/daughter-in-law relationship. I hope mothers-in-law will learn from my experience because I do treasure all of these mementos, which will someday be passed on to my children.
Love,
Sarah's Mama
Another nice things my mother-in-law did for me. When her kids were growing up, they sent out family picture Christmas cards. I now have a copy of all those up until they stopped doing it when the kids were in college. As I said, I'm very lucky!
Sarah's Mama
Post a Comment
<< Home