Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Malta

You are probably asking yourself, "Where in the world is Malta?" A little bit of geography for you on where Malta is located . . . look south of Italy . . . very small island . . .
Sean and I always spent Christmas with our families. Since I was born in 1974, I had never been away from my parents on Christmas morning. I am an only child so the thought of my parents being alone was sad. In 2001, Sean and I decided to stay in Europe and go on a trip. We sure longed to go some where warmer than snowy Germany. After Alex at the Vilseck Bahnhof recommended Malta we were both ready to head south! Neither of us had ever heard of Malta but several teachers I worked with had been there. After some research, I booked the flights and hotel. We learned that Malta was over 90% Catholic and just about everyone spoke English . . . where else could we spend Christmas with those stats. Sean was excited about seeing new movies in English, and I was just excited to go somewhere. Here are a few photos from our trip . . .



Scuba Diving

Even Santa paid us a visit . . . he delivered a stocking with an apple, orange, chocolate candy, peppermints, small bottle of wine, and shot of whisky!



1 Comments:

Blogger Household6 said...

Malta is beautiful! I spent a week there a few years ago during Thankgsgiving. I am glad you were able to enjoy it.

12/21/2005 12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home