Karlovy Vary
Yes, more adventures in the Czech Republic. When we first arrived in Germany, Sean was the Infantry Officer at Range Control in Graf . . . the best job he ever had in the Army. OK, so maybe not to him or on paper but we had so much time to travel and spend together . . . boy how that would change when he moved to 3BDE and 2-2! I remember when Sean got his assignment to Range Control with a welcome letter from someone at Graf and he was furious! He called anyone and everyone that he thought could help him get a "real" job . . . an infantry job. I never laughed so hard because I still did not "get it" . . . we had only been married 2 years. It turned out Sean really enjoyed the jobs. He got to meet all the units training at Graf and it gave him an idea of where he wanted to do his company command. He really liked the Vicenza (SETAF) people and thought long and hard about going there but he decided that he liked Germany too much . . . our house, my good paying job, and the town we lived in . . . I will always wonder if life would have been different if we would have moved . . . probably a little guilt on my part. I mean it was just a job. Anyway, the Range Control crew (Sean, Jason, and Heather) decided we all needed to go experience Karlovy Vary . . . February 2001 . . .

Sean and Jason playing in the snow! Boys will be boys!

The Crew . . . Sean, me, Heather, Levi, and Jason . . . man the food was so good and so cheap! Every time we went to Karlovy Vary we ate at this same restaurant and sat at the same table! They were just so friendly.

Me, Levi, Heather, and Sean checking out the hot springs . . . they were so hot and it was so cold outside. It was beautiful with all the snow. We had a great time with great friends. I wonder where they are now and how they are doing . . . especially Jason and Melinda?

Sean and Jason playing in the snow! Boys will be boys!

The Crew . . . Sean, me, Heather, Levi, and Jason . . . man the food was so good and so cheap! Every time we went to Karlovy Vary we ate at this same restaurant and sat at the same table! They were just so friendly.

Me, Levi, Heather, and Sean checking out the hot springs . . . they were so hot and it was so cold outside. It was beautiful with all the snow. We had a great time with great friends. I wonder where they are now and how they are doing . . . especially Jason and Melinda?

Sean and I took his parents to visit Karlovy Vary two days before I went into labor with Colin . . . maybe there was something in the water.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home