Monday, January 30, 2006

Dreams Revisited

I often wonder why I never dream about Sean. In the last 14 months I have only had two dreams with him. After he died I thought that he would come to my dreams nightly but he doesn't. I guess that is why some dreams are so special. The first dream provided me with some details. This past weekend I had another dream, and it too provided me with yet one more answer.

It was a short dream. We were at a house that was unfamiliar to me. We were running around this house chasing each other, laughing, and just having fun. It flashed forward to night time and we were both laying in a bed . . . weird because that is where the first dream took place . . . we were talking and of course I was asking questions. I was asking a lot but only remember one. I was pointing to his head and with tears in my eyes I asked him, "Did it hurt?" As he stared back at me with his twinkling, crystal blue eyes with a semi-smile on his face he told me, "no, it did not hurt at all." I woke up . . . tried to go back to sleep but could not . . . don't you just hate when you wake up from a good dream . . . I always try to go back to sleep so the dream continues.

6 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

When I was little, I always thought I could remember my dreams (but I was never sure if I really did). I would wake up and tell my mother, in detail, what they were about. But now, as an adult, I can NEVER remember anything I dream about...after the first 10 seconds I'm awake at least. I wonder if our dream recognition or comprehension fades as we get older...My dreams are all silly but I really wish you could remember yours ;)

1/30/2006 8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's an interesting article in this month's Reader's Digest called "What Our Dreams Really Mean". There's also a bit about what you can do to remember your dreams better, dream about what you want, and how to "be awake" when you're dreaming (called lucid dreaming). The lucid dreaming works--I do it all the time. Check it out--you might find it interesting.
Beth

1/30/2006 10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that maybe that was Sean way of telling you he was fine and everthing is going to to ok. Maybe that was his way of putting your heart a little more at ease.

1/30/2006 10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sorry, your dream brings tears to my eyes. I wish you hadn't had to wake up so you could spend more time with Sean.

1/30/2006 10:08 PM  
Blogger MQ said...

Dreams fascinate me as well. Newsweek did an entire story about them, only to find that they are just as elusive as we originally thought, but that they do mean SOMEthing. My son's class sang this song for a Veterans' Day show at school.

Still in my heart, you are
Still in my heart, you are
Still in my mind. Still in my dreams
Still in my heart. Forever.
Forever.


I think of our soldiers and their families whenever that song pops into my head.

1/31/2006 7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sister believes that when our deceased loved ones appear in our dreams they are visiting us to comfort us. That has been her experience of dreaming of them. I hope it will be yours, so far it sounds as if it could be. Just enjoy them, as long as they are happy. It may be one of your signs.

2/01/2006 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home