Monday, March 03, 2008

weekend wrap up

We have returned from part one of our adventures . . . went to see the Sims. Man I am tired and I really did not do anything but drive, sit, shop, and eat. The drive home was stressful since there was traffic . . . I hate traffic. How do people drive in that everyday? Another reason why I can't understand our country not having a working rail system. I tell you those Europeans have it down . . . I would love to walk to the train station, get on, and get off near work. How great would that be? And maybe it would help some of the people who are overweight too . . . oh I need to post about my growing waist line. I can tell you that this weekend I realized that I am content having only one child . . . I love babies but realized that I am nearing an age where I don't think I could manage. The new baby is adorable but those long night hours would kill me. I know I did it once and I was all alone but man I need my sleep. I realized what I want is not to have another child but to be pregnant . . . I loved carrying a child but having one would not be so glorious. I hope that doesn't come across wrong.

So now I am in the process of unpacking so I can repack . . . so excited and praying very hard the boy does okay. Now I am a packer . . . I pack light. When I went to Italy/Germany for two weeks in 2006 all I packed was a small suitcase that I could carry on. I did check an empty suitcase to bring things back and it got lost. I took six changes of clothing and washed in the middle. I always had my bag and never had to worry about it being delayed or lost. Now this is the first trip Colin has taken with me and I swear I have packed so much crap to keep him 'busy' . . . and now I am afraid my days of packing light are over. I will have to post photos of how much 'stuff' I pack compared to what we really need clothing. And after waking up to 40 degrees outside I can't wait . . .

The Sims enjoyed having Colin around (at least they acted like it) and I adjusted with letting go of him. It was hard to pretty much let them take and do with him as they wished. It was so hard because he is so precious to me . . . not that he isn't to them but he in my only child and my only living connection to Sean but now that he is getting older he is 'easier' to manage. There will be no overnight visits just yet. They went to the zoo and to Target . . . and every rule we have about buying and shopping seemed to skip his memory. I just laughed because after all that is what grandparents are suppose to do. The boy jumped on the trampoline non-stop and all were so kind to give him their full attention. Everyone was tired and amazed at his energy . . . and I thought to myself I do this everyday all by myself . . . maybe they understand my life a little better and why I am stressed. And one last treat as we headed out of town . . . lunch at The Banana Leaf . . . I tell you it was so very yummy Thai food! Of course I would have loved to be eating at the Thai place in Graf (Germany) but it was just as good.

3 Comments:

Blogger C said...

I'm glad to hear your trip went well. It's so funny you mentioned the Thai place in Graf. I was just thinking about them the other day. We loved eating there.

3/03/2008 1:21 PM  
Blogger T Ridgeway said...

It sounds like you had a great trip. It sounds as if all went well with the inlaws too. They love Colin just as much as you and he is their only link to their son. I know that they appreciate the time that they get to spend with him.

I can't wait to hear about your other adventures too. Such a mystery... I hate to tell that the days of packing light are definitely over. I remember the bag you took to Italy/Germany and only wish I was that good. We did get the kids their own luggage. I do like being able to do laundry half way thru a trip. You can pack for 4-5 days and wash somewhere in the middle. That works well when you're staying somewhere with a washer & dryer. We've got the kids their own backpacks and let them "pack" what they'd like for the airplane. tHat does help and I usually get a little "surprise" for the plane. A new game for the Leapster or a new coloring book. Oh well, this is turning into a novel. Sorry. I hope to hear about a great trip for you.

~T

3/03/2008 5:44 PM  
Blogger Roxxi said...

Ha ha we just got a Thai cafe here and I said we would never go there because "it would not compare to the place in Graf"!!! Nice to see we were not tne only ones that loved that place.:0)

3/04/2008 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home