life is beautiful
It was one of those weekends . . . everyone did not feel well. On Friday, I had a funny feeling that Colin's school would be calling me so I stayed home and did some chores. Around 2:30 I was about to take a power nap when the phone rang. It was the school. He woke up from his nap screaming and he finally told him his right ear was hurting. He never complains so I knew he must be sick. I had noticed him playing with his ear but he said it did not hurt. As soon as I hung up, I called the doctor who was all booked up. They would overbook for a sick child but one of his partners had an opening so we had an appointment. I wanted to get in because I knew we would end up in the ER on the weekend . . . oh what a nightmare that is. When I walked in I knew . . . I guess it is just that maternal instinct, but he looked so sad. We went to the doctor . . . ran a strep test . . . and he checked the ears. The right one was good but the left one, oh my it was super bad . . . he said it looked like a child who had chronic ear infections. It was only his second time and first for his left ear. So now for 10 days, 3 times a day we are on that pink stuff. He is less than thrilled with medicine taking so it will be a long 10 days.
On Saturday, I caught the second half of the movie Life is Beautiful . . . I mean it is a great movie but very sad too. It really hit me watching it this time. I thought about Sean and our situation . . . sort of made me put life in perspective. I mean this is not how I imagined life but it could be a lot worse. The father in the movie did all he could to reunite his family . . . I had forgot what happened to the dad . . . really made me think of Sean . . . and at the end when you see his wife and son; it was us. The narrator said some touching words but can't remember them . . . life is tough without Sean but man oh man we were not in a concentration camp. I guess I realized that life is beautiful . . . not perfect but beautiful.
Today is a new day but same story . . . I am feeling like crap . . . my head feels as if it is going to explode! I am taking a hot bath and heading the bed of course with some medicine. I really enjoyed the comments from the last post . . . glad to know there are people out there that think like me.
Off the topic but is anyone having problem using spell check in blogger?
On Saturday, I caught the second half of the movie Life is Beautiful . . . I mean it is a great movie but very sad too. It really hit me watching it this time. I thought about Sean and our situation . . . sort of made me put life in perspective. I mean this is not how I imagined life but it could be a lot worse. The father in the movie did all he could to reunite his family . . . I had forgot what happened to the dad . . . really made me think of Sean . . . and at the end when you see his wife and son; it was us. The narrator said some touching words but can't remember them . . . life is tough without Sean but man oh man we were not in a concentration camp. I guess I realized that life is beautiful . . . not perfect but beautiful.
Today is a new day but same story . . . I am feeling like crap . . . my head feels as if it is going to explode! I am taking a hot bath and heading the bed of course with some medicine. I really enjoyed the comments from the last post . . . glad to know there are people out there that think like me.
Off the topic but is anyone having problem using spell check in blogger?

5 Comments:
YES!! I am! Everytime I push it, it does nothing! I try to go back and read my stuff. I am sure I have messed up a few words!
I had the horrible horrible headace yesterday and today....fun fun!:0)
Hope the little man feels better soon!
You and I had similar days. I too, sat at the Dr's with C who also had a really bad ear infection in the left ear. We didn't even go in there for that, we have not slept for the past four nights because his allergies has been so bad. C is on the white stuff that is once a day for ten days. Good luck to you and I hope Colin starts to feel better soon. Hang in there.
That movie always makes me so sad too, but it is one of my favorites.
And yeah, spell check is out for me, too.
I thought I was the only one with the spell check issues. It started about the time the computer began acting wonky; good to know it's not just me.
I like you're "life is beautiful...not perfect, but beautiful" observation. Very true. That is my all-time favorite movie, by the way.
Hope you and Colin are feeling better, soon!
Most of us can't imagine being in your shoes...funny that there are also shoes you can't imagine being in.
Post a Comment
<< Home