Thursday, January 31, 2008

really?

Last week I was in a department store wasting time . . . I got a laugh when I saw someone trying on a swimsuit . . . really in January. She must be crazy or something. Then it hit me, in about 6 weeks we are going to be having some fun in the sun (hopefully it is warm) . . . oh crap, that means I must put my pasty white body in a swimsuit . . . deep dark depression. I hate, hate, hate buying swimsuits . . . I like to cover my body and since there isn't much up top then I guess I will go with the oh so outdated tankini. Guess I need to start surfing the net and hope that Lands End has some cute ones that are reasonable in price.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

You might want to try JCrew. They have lots of cute suits in many different styles that are high quality.

1/31/2008 7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

google esther williams bathing suits. yes that esther williams! she has some really cute and classy bathing suits in the style of the 30s and 40s, that are still hip! perfect for those of us who don't have a PERFECT (ahem) body. i bought 2 after my son was born and i love them!!

1/31/2008 9:46 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

I've crossed over into the world of the "swim skirt" to cover all of my inperfections. Have I turned into my mom?

2/01/2008 7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll send you a picture of me in my maternity tankini...that should make you feel better!!!! :) (o.k., not really, but just IMAGINE how much better yours will look!!!!)

Kathy

2/01/2008 1:07 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I love athleta.com tankinis, I actually use them to swim laps and they stay put were they should (a bit spendy though, worth the money in my opinion)

2/02/2008 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home