Friday, January 11, 2008

change begins

I had planned that 2008 would bring changes for us, but I never imagined I would make a big change just 11 days into the new year. An opportunity was given for Colin to enroll in a new school. I went and checked it out earlier this week and today I enrolled him. I was 'wowed' when I went to the place for a tour . . . I mean it was like night and day walking into his new room. I don't have bad things to say about the school he is at now but they were not meeting his educational needs (biggest one was a barely 3 year old with a 4 year old . . . that is a huge difference to me for them to be in the same room; and he would have been in there until August) that I thought he should be exposed too. I was hesitant for him to experience yet another change in his young life but I figured unless I took the leap of faith I would never know. In 3 weeks, he begins a new adventure . . . now I must write a letter stating he will be leaving his current school . . . I so hate this part!

5 Comments:

Blogger Literature Goddess said...

I'm so glad you found a good place for Colin. I know how important that is. It has been such a comfort to have James at a school I believe in (and teach at, myself!) I can only imagine how stressful it must be to wonder if your child is in the right place to grow and learn. Sending courage your way!

Hugs,
L

1/11/2008 3:22 PM  
Blogger Rockport Conservative said...

Good for you and great for Colin!

1/11/2008 7:15 PM  
Blogger The Mrs. said...

2008 is off to a good start it sounds like! Hope Colin enjoys his new school and has a smooth transition.

1/13/2008 10:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

awesome
still...
the best is yet to come :)

1/13/2008 11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interestingly enough....that was my EXACT thought....
THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
Hugs and blessings,
Jenna's mom

1/13/2008 12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home