the nerve
This article mad me sick . . . how dare someone make up a story like this to win tickets to a concert. As a person having to live with losing a husband in Iraq this makes my stomach turn . . . and those children who have really lost a parent over there . . . how terrible this mother is to even think about submitting an essay with such lies.

8 Comments:
The mother used horrible judgement, but I feel for the six year old little girl. The life lessons her mother is teaching her are so not good on so many levels. Don't stew on it, though. That woman's ignorance isn't your problem. Concentrate on birthday parties and New Year celebrations. And returning emails to long lost friends...
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
OMG...How disheartening that anyone could even THINK of using what is a very real situation and heartache to many, to win a contest....but it's not the first or last time someone will try to take advantage of another's heartache...sad but true...but take heart that people like that are in the minority. Call me naive, I like to think so many are good at heart.
Just dropping by to wish you and Colin the best in 2008....and can't wait to read about your "much needed change in your life"...whatever it is, I hope it brings you happiness.. =)
I read that article this morning and thought it was horrible too. What an awful thing to teach a child.
I actually just read the article before cheking on you. I wanted to be physically sick. How terrible! And the company is "considering" taking the tickets away...that should be a given. The poor girl who has a mother that would teach her and "do everything we can to win". Sad.
It never ceases to amaze me how ugly human beings can be...
I just checked the site and they DID take the tickets away and gave then to another little girl. I am still in shock that a mother would do such an awful thing.:0(
Have a great New Year and Happy Birthday Colin!:0)
I couldn't believe it either, but then I thought of the 9/11 scammers and I realized there will always be sick people who do disgusting things like this. I do feel for the child, not only because she lost her tickets, but that she is being raised by a deranged parent.
grrr!
just read it online before reading your blog
Post a Comment
<< Home