New Year, New Me
Okay at least that is my attitude for now but who knows how long this will last. My biggest 'resolution' for 2008 is to be a better parent. For a long time I have thought Colin was just bad but now I am realizing that it is not him but me and my parenting or lack of parenting. I am going to focus more on him. Of course this is what I should have been doing the last four years but better late than never. He is growing so fast and I have a feeling that 4 is going to be a fun year!
I have also decided it is time to clean out and donate some stuff. I have held on to just about every little piece of baby gear a kid could need. I gave some to the newest Sims but still have some stuff. I just hate the thought of parting with it but it is just sitting in a plastic box in storage. I am now at the point that it is okay to let it go . . . remember those maternity clothes? It is time to let someone else have it and me move forward.
Of course I should throw in that I need to lose some weight, exercise more, and eat better but . . .
I am not going to make some major huge change but I would like to be happier and have a friend to hang out with . . . grab coffee, go to a movie, sit on the back porch and laugh . . . so I am going to make an effort to meet someone that will make me feel like the adult that I am and have lost the last few years. At least I know I will have something to blog about this year. A few weeks ago a lady about my age rang my doorbell . . . she introduced herself and asked if I was Heidi . . . yes, I said and she handed me some mail left in her mailbox by mistake. As I shut the door I said, "hey you want to be my friend and hang out?" Funny but the thought put a smile on my face.
I have also decided it is time to clean out and donate some stuff. I have held on to just about every little piece of baby gear a kid could need. I gave some to the newest Sims but still have some stuff. I just hate the thought of parting with it but it is just sitting in a plastic box in storage. I am now at the point that it is okay to let it go . . . remember those maternity clothes? It is time to let someone else have it and me move forward.
Of course I should throw in that I need to lose some weight, exercise more, and eat better but . . .
I am not going to make some major huge change but I would like to be happier and have a friend to hang out with . . . grab coffee, go to a movie, sit on the back porch and laugh . . . so I am going to make an effort to meet someone that will make me feel like the adult that I am and have lost the last few years. At least I know I will have something to blog about this year. A few weeks ago a lady about my age rang my doorbell . . . she introduced herself and asked if I was Heidi . . . yes, I said and she handed me some mail left in her mailbox by mistake. As I shut the door I said, "hey you want to be my friend and hang out?" Funny but the thought put a smile on my face.
Then there are those unfinished projects . . . my oh my . . . of course I am about to start a new year long project with a quilting group (Civil War Love Letter Quilt) so I must get the group projects from 2006 finished . . . will post photos when done. I did finish the 2007 project.
Travel is a must since Colin is getting older . . . at least every other month we must go somewhere.
Save more money . . . live by a budget better . . . have been doing this but need to stick to it.
I know there will be more stuff to come up as the weeks zip by . . . Happy 2008 . . .

7 Comments:
Oh I can see some of me in everything you typed! Especially the parenting thing. Its hard. You are very much NOT alone on that one. I think its important to remember sometimes that this is something that we all go thru , but you are still a great mom, giving your little boy all the love in the world that he needs. And that certainly counts for a very big something.
As for meeting friends... Sometimes I feel like I'm back in high school and everyone has a place to sit at lunch except me. Where can you meet other moms to hang out with? Is there a "dating" site for us? : )
Hope you have a wonderful 08! Happy quilting. (and sorry for rambling....)
I'm with you on the friend thing! I have zero friends here (new location) and I'm not the best person at meeting new people. I always have good intentions but am also good at coming up with excuses why I can't or shouldn't approach someone. That was one of things I liked most about the Army--it kind of handed you friends, in a way...good for a reserved person like me.
Heidi --
Good for you for making such wonderful resolutions for yourself and Colin. I would recommend going to www.meetup.com and finding a group in your area. There are moms clubs, book clubs, hobby clubs, you name it - it's there! I joined a moms club through that website after several people recommended it to me. It's a fantastic way to meet people!
Good luck!
Sounds like you have a lot of good resolutions to work on!! I know what you mean about wanting to be a better parent!!
I'm so proud to see how you've thought about your life and goals for 2008. If only all of us were that introspective and honest with ourselves ;)
I met my very best friend in the world b/c I had gotten some of her mail and just "walked it down" to her. Pursue this one....might be a great thing.
Don't be too hard on yourself on the parenting thing. You are a wonderful MOM......give yourself some credit. Boys are boys...I don't care what anyone says. He is a normal, wonderful little guy. Just enjoy that!
Hugs,
Jenna's Mom
what great resolutions....I am sure you have heard this already but take some of your favorite outfits of colins and make a memory quilt...what a neat thing for him to see when he gets older. I kept the outfit that I brought each of my kids home in for them to pass down....good luck to you in everything....PS you are a great mom,,,and 4 is a very fun year!
Hugs,
Tricia
Post a Comment
<< Home