down memory lane
While sitting in the doctor's office last week I stumbled across an ad for an artist who does House Portraits. I remember when I visited a friend's house in Kansas she had a local artist draw the house they lived in at each post . . . I thought it was a great idea. I never thought that much of it but when I saw the ad I thought that is what I need of our house in Germany. I have done very well realizing that part of my life is over, and if I went back to live there it would not be the same. As much as I hate to admit it, I am finding peace finally. I then starting searching for photos of the house to send when I remembered Tom & Elva posting on their blog when they went on their trip around the world. It also made me think about the birthday present they gave me last year . . . it brought tears to my eyes when I realized what it was. When they went to Germany they went by our old house and took some photos . . . my rose bushes were just starting to bud . . .
This is one of them and the window is my kitchen window . . . I was truly speechless and full of emotion. I often look at it and remember . . .
This is one of them and the window is my kitchen window . . . I was truly speechless and full of emotion. I often look at it and remember . . .
Just last week I got an envelope from the girls (they were young teens who would come walk Murphy, practice their conversation English with me, and play with Colin) with new photos of the house . . . how very sweet of them!

5 Comments:
Wow that's sweet and a really cool idea!
What a nice post, a great idea, and a lovely picture.
Heidi - What a wonderful idea. That is a great picture.
Keri
PS - My best friends dad is a commercial illustrator - and I wonder if he'd do the pic for you? I dont know the cost (and he lives near me, but I can put you in touch w/him if you'd like)
I drive by your house almost daily coming to and from Graf and think of you each and every time....It will always be the house where Heidi, Sean, and Colin lived no matter how many families pass through its walls...C
wow..your post gave me chills. I would love that. And to have it as a surprise. What a wonderful birthday gift.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts...you are a strong, strong woman, who many look to. You may not know it, but you give strength and hope to a lot of people.
God Bless
Tina
Post a Comment
<< Home