Friday, January 25, 2008

long week

Last week was long, oh so very long! I had a low point as a parent and my anger got the best of me. I needed help and it was a wake up call to get moving. I bought a book that has opened my eyes. Since the turning point, life has been so much better this week . . . Colin has been in bed and asleep by 8! I can not believe how much better we both feel and I even have time to unwind before I call it a night. It is a lot of work being a parent . . . a lot but I am learning to fix the mistakes I have made the last 4 years. Wishing you a happy weekend!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a single parent as well ....it can get very hard and frustrating for all of us at time. If you don't mind is there anyway you could post the name of the book that helped you?

1/25/2008 12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heidi,

I just started doing a study with the book "Good and Angry" by Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller. I have only read the first chapter but it has me ready and waiting to finish. It has some good tips about the arguing and how not to "step into the ring" with them. Just a thought about a book you might like to look into as well. Good luck. Love, T

1/25/2008 1:53 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

What is the book? I need it!

1/25/2008 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home