Monday, April 21, 2008

moving slow

Ouch my 34 year old body is tired and sore . . . I can't imagine what my 62 year old dad is feeling this morning . . . we worked all day Saturday and Sunday in my yard. The concrete edging is finished and looks so much better. I have not had the energy to take a final photo yet but will soon. I wanted to get it done so when the crappy contractor returned this week to do the neighbors yard (I told them to not let him do the job) it was beautiful! I still need a few more color flowers but check the block I am about done!


I used two different brands of concrete masonry stain . . . bought the first one at Home Depot (Behr) and the second at Lowes (Kwik Krete). I needed a dark brown and Home Depot did not have one. I think both went on well however the stain from Lowes was thinner and did not clog the sprayer . . . plus I had some left over so it lasted longer. We had all of it stained (two coats and sealed) in a few hours . . . we allowed drying time so it did not really take that long. Both of these stains are semi-transparent . . . I like it and once the flowers start blooming it will look lovely.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms. Sims, I was just thinking about you and found your blog on google. Please email me. james.brown2008@hotmail.com

-James Brown

4/21/2008 5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home