Foto Friday: travel
If there is one thing in my life that I truly miss it is being able to travel to new places. While living in Germany we took full advantage of visiting all the amazing places. I think of all these places I want to go visit and it just puts a huge smile on my face . . . then I go check airfares for a reality check. Sean always had a sense of adventure that I loved . . . okay so I complained from time to time when he insisted on taking the self-guided 5 mile city tours but you know that I always enjoyed myself . . . and hope that I can teach Colin to be that way too. I have big dreams for the summer . . . B.I.G. time dreams that I am so trying to make happen for us . . . and then I get my end-of-year statement for our investments . . . depressing to say the least . . . how can one think long term when you see just how much money has disappeared in such a short period of time; will we ever recover, sigh! So today, I went a searching for a photo from a trip that was taken during Christmas 2001 to Malta. Yeah, had no clue where it was either until the bahnhof (train station) guy suggested it but blogged about it before . . . I always remember the water being so pretty . . . until we went diving and it wasn't so pretty under. It was our first real dive just the two of us with no guides . . . I was scared but fully trusted Sean. So here is the water that I fondly remember . . .




. . . by the way it was super windy and my hair was everywhere . . . I think I want it to be that long again! I forgot my sunglasses too and it was sunny everyday so had to buy some sunglasses . . . these were the most tinted I could find and did me little good but better than nothing! Wonder if Colin would enjoy Malta? I really have no desire to go back (so many other places to see) but it was a nice trip.

6 Comments:
If you can afford the flight, we have a spare room for you and Colin!(Maybe Justin can go see Mike and Jennifer can come over with the twins. Just like old times!)
The bahnhof guy was SO helpful. Talk about customer service. He always gave great advice.
If you can't afford to visit abroad consider some great places right here on our continent. We prefer those trips now to the long flights to elsewhere and with Colin being so young that might work better for you.
Trips to the Hill Country, Palo Duro Canyon, even the Caves of Sonora might be interesting to his age or closer to home the caves in the San Marcos/New Braunfels area. The wildlife parks and amusement parks (Sea World?)might be a good fit.
Have a good time wherever
I love Malta!
Mostly b/c of my friends from WYD that I got to visit. They gave me the royal treatment. the sun did seem particularly bright...
lovely photos!
& there's a lesson to be learned that some oceans that are beautiful on the surface aren't all that down below--to be applied to teachable moments in the future with Colin :)
We loved Malta as well - and you were the only other poeple we knew who had been there! I think Christmas was a better time to visit than when we did (August - so hot).
I hope you get some travel time soon. And you're always welcome at our house!
If you ever want to travel to the wild west, you can stay with us in Midland. Woo-hoo!
Post a Comment
<< Home