Foto Friday: almost time
Okay so I have been totally neglecting the blog but let me just say this . . . in ten days we are heading on a thirty-three (oh crap isn't that an unlucky number) day vacation; was suppose to be 32 but airline changed our flight . . . holy smokes what was I thinking? Now I am freaking out about the number 33 since I just went back and read the comments on this blog post . . . moving on! You so know I will be counting the hours tonight to confirm if it is really 33 days. I am one crazy girl!
I did finally manage to mail a box of clothes over early . . . smart girl! Now let's just hope it beats us there . . . we all know how unpredictable an APO (military post office) can be. So here is a photo of some of the stuff . . . amazing what I can stuff into a box . . . 16 pounds of stuff in one small box . . . and it cost me $32 . . . about what a checked bag would cost and none of the hassle . . . sorry to my friend who has to pick it up . . . I owe you!

. . . and why did I take a picture? Well, in case it gets lost and I file a claim for my lost items . . . yes, it does happen. Oh and stop laughing at how I arrange shirt, short/pants, and socks together . . . it really is part of being organized . . . I know a couple of you will have a smart ass comment; shall I call you out right now? Hey, I am laughing at myself.
I am certain that I will have little time to write in the next few days but wish me luck . . . you can't imagine how excited I am to get this adventure started . . . oh and to my friend picking us up; get the wine ready because we have a ton of catching up to do!
I did finally manage to mail a box of clothes over early . . . smart girl! Now let's just hope it beats us there . . . we all know how unpredictable an APO (military post office) can be. So here is a photo of some of the stuff . . . amazing what I can stuff into a box . . . 16 pounds of stuff in one small box . . . and it cost me $32 . . . about what a checked bag would cost and none of the hassle . . . sorry to my friend who has to pick it up . . . I owe you!
. . . and why did I take a picture? Well, in case it gets lost and I file a claim for my lost items . . . yes, it does happen. Oh and stop laughing at how I arrange shirt, short/pants, and socks together . . . it really is part of being organized . . . I know a couple of you will have a smart ass comment; shall I call you out right now? Hey, I am laughing at myself.
I am certain that I will have little time to write in the next few days but wish me luck . . . you can't imagine how excited I am to get this adventure started . . . oh and to my friend picking us up; get the wine ready because we have a ton of catching up to do!

14 Comments:
Heidi - Enjoy your trip/adventure!!!! Can't wait to see pics and read all about it!
have an AMAZING time! and save some wine for the end of the trip too!
Have a great time!!! :-)
Have a great trip and claim the number 33 as one of your lucky ones.
You need some. Have fun.
So So happy for you!
Heidi, have a great trip. Oh and a while back while stationed in Korea, I took a trip to China and their the tour guide informed us that odd numbers are lucky, and that multiples of three are really lucky. So for you that is 11 times over of lucky power. So once again have a great trip. Look forward to reading about it.
I am sooo jealous!! Have a great time, what awesome memories you are making for Colin! Don't forget to fill us in on your fun once in awhile!!
that's pretty brilliant
way to think outside the box & inside the box @ the same time
1) for less hassle
2) prolly saving $
3) foresight in lost luggage claim
Have fun! Go to Herman's and eat a rahmschnitzel for me...
Ok "Tidy Heidi" - the wine is chilling as I type! Can't wait to pick you guys up!
Alex
I hope you have a great time!!
Have a wonderful adventure and take notes for me! By the way I can't criticize about the whole packing thing, I pack each child's clothes for each day in separate ziploc baggies. I am so OCD... :-)
Can't wait to see your pictures!
CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ALL ABOUT YOUR TRIP!:0) GOOD LUCK TO YOU BOTH AND SAFE TRAVELS!
How do you stay so organized? The four of us are going to San Antonio for the weekend - a first flying adventure with two - and I haven't begun to pack, still sorting laundry, trying to find summer clothes etc. And we leave in a day. I'm so impressed - have a great trip and enjoy all 33 days:)
Post a Comment
<< Home