a first
Today was my first parent-teacher conference as a parent . . . man it sure was nerve racking being on the other side of the table! I always enjoyed conferences as a teacher and getting to know a little bit about the family of the kids I spent my days with. I had been making a list of things to discuss during our meeting . . . for some reason it was asked about Colin's father . . . and I started crying. It still amazes me that almost five years later I still get teary eyed. I think the biggest tear jerker for me is the thought that Colin missed out on a life without his father and that breaks my heart. While I have managed to move on with life it will always be a part of me and I am certain a topic that tugs at my heart. The teacher had no idea . . . I think she still has no idea that I am a teacher either and I plan to keep it that way, LOL.
All in all the conference went well . . . I think he has a great teacher . . . strict, very strict . . . but that is probably what he needs! We are still plugging along with our letter sounds and someone is more interested in trucks and trains . . . we will get there. Now report cards come out in 3 weeks . . . it is Kindergarten after all so will be interesting to see how he does.
All in all the conference went well . . . I think he has a great teacher . . . strict, very strict . . . but that is probably what he needs! We are still plugging along with our letter sounds and someone is more interested in trucks and trains . . . we will get there. Now report cards come out in 3 weeks . . . it is Kindergarten after all so will be interesting to see how he does.

3 Comments:
we did parent teacher conferences in nursery school and then later this year in prek and I must admit I was more nervous then when my parents had them for me! I can only imagine that the topic of Sean pulls at your heart and how hard it must be knowing that he is missing out on having his dad in his life, but he has an awesome mom. Granted nothing can make up for not having Sean but he will know him thru you.
"I think the biggest tear jerker for me is the thought that Colin missed out on a life without his father and that breaks my heart." It breaks my heart, too, Heidi. I weep with you. Time does not heal. There will always be a spot in your heart where the memory of Sean dwells. Your job is to hone your coping skills so you can function and do what you have to do for yourself and for Colin. For your efforts thus far, I'd give you a well-earned A+. Colin is so blessed to have you for his mom.
Colin is so blessed to have you!....and so are we. Take care Heidi. and take care of that beautiful boy....How lucky he is to have you to share the memory of a true hero!....
Post a Comment
<< Home