Wednesday, March 24, 2010

annoyed

The day that I left for our spring break trip a cable company began digging for new lines on our street . . . I called my dad and asked him to stop by while we were gone to 'check' on them. I knew I would return home to a big mess! I got home about 10 days later and was not surprised at the crappy shape they left my yard . . . I could ramble on for a long time about this but will spare you the excitement. Last Monday, I decided to test out the sprinkler system to see if they did any damage to that . . . well, of course they did. My dad had already told me about one pipe they cut and repaired but I had my suspensions that wasn't the only one! I had thrown away the paper with the phone numbers for Grande (yes, I just outed them) but had not put the trash at the curb. Oh how that stuff smelled but I dug through two bags and found it; why didn't I put it in recycle? I called and the guy told me he would call the contractors and have them come to check it out. Well, much to my shock he showed up a couple hours later and a 'date' was made to fix it the next day . . . it rained so they showed up on Wednesday for a couple hours . . . two pipes fixed and still not working so they came back on Thursday. After standing around looking confused and trying to figure it out they gave up . . . easy for them! Well actually my neighbor across the street came home and we started chatting . . . I told him to check his sprinklers because of my issues and wouldn't you know it they busted one of his too so they ran across the street to fix his since they knew what was wrong. Again, a date for 'Friday' was set and of course they did not show or on Monday either. I was fuming mad so I again called my 'friend' at Grande to complain. They decided that it was the pump so they replaced it and I could have told you that wasn't the problem because water was flowing to the pipes just not enough pressure, but I'm a girl and don't know anything. So I got a new pump out of it but still not fixed . . . I am one unhappy camper at this point. Another neighbor on the street also had a broken pipe yesterday . . . hmmmm, are you seeing a pattern here?

So here is my point and question . . . why do some contractors do crappy jobs? I mean do they think they can get away with it? I mean come on Grande hire some decent people and if you break something hire a professional to come fix it. At this point I want a person who know sprinkler systems to come look at it instead of digging yet another hole in my yard . . . part of my yard looks terrible. I know I am probably not being fair the this cable company but seriously enough is enough. They are coming back today but not sure what they will do. Want to know what I am going to tell them to do? Get someone familiar with sprinkler systems out here or dig up the entire section of my yard where you worked leaving all the sprinkler pipes exposed . . . I think one of the pipes is bent and water can't flow properly to the stations. It is only station 1 that has issues as station 2 is perfectly fine. Of course, I am only a girl so what do I know?

PS: I have had some GREAT contractors over the years so I really do appreciate those who do their job and make sure they have a satisfied customer . . . then again I was paying them.

2 Comments:

Blogger keri said...

Heidi - We had contractors bust up our sidewalk 2 years ago while laying fios lines. First they said they didnt do it (but I had taken pictures w/date/time stamp so could prove it) After repeated emails/calls etc they said they would fix. It will be 2 years in June and I am still fighting w/them to fix it. In fact, I just followed up again on monday. Its ridiculous.

3/24/2010 8:51 AM  
Blogger ABW said...

Ugh, what a mess! My mom has been trying to get a house remodeled in St Louis for years, but because of crappy contractors, it is still not completed.

3/25/2010 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home