Saturday, January 30, 2010

I know, I know

Those five days turned into many more than 5, LOL . . . I have been busy but would not have it any other way . . . is it spring break yet? Well, let's hope not since it is in the low 30s today . . . yes, just a few days ago it was in the upper 60s . . . man I just love Texas weather!

So what have we been up to? The last 10 days have been somewhat of a blur but fun too!

I made a quick trip across the pond for a long weekend . . . snow . . . finally s.n.ow. Okay so the novelty wore off quickly as it was c-o-l-d!
And then there are some places you go to that you just don't know what to say about the visit. I went here . . .


Seriously what can you say about the circumstances . . . it was in the 20s and all I could think was how did so many manage to survive living at this place during the harsh winter months . . . how? It was a place that I had wanted to visit for years but last year would not go with Colin . . . just gives one a dose of how hard life could be. Just a sad event in history and moving to visit where I know so much pain and suffering occurred.

On a happier note . . . last night we headed to visit Tom and Elva . . . Elva bought tickets for Christmas/Birthday to go see the Harlem Globetrotters . . . they were awesome seats . . . oh and we got up close with Big Easy and Flight Time . . . Colin made the connection between them and The Amazing Race! We even had a brief conversation with Big Easy that went like this . . .

BE: to Tom . . . Is this your wife?
Tom: No, my sister-in-law
BE: Hmmmm, what are you two doing tonight? laughing with 'that' look
US: totally laughing

It was SO funny and hey he shook our hand . . . I so wanted to make some smart ass comment to him about giving up/quitting on The Amazing Race but did not . . . oh and later in the night Colin went out to do this . . . he is in the yellow shirt! He was in awe when his YMCA dance was over and just loved the fact that the Globetrotter gave him one of his arm sweat bands. TOTALLY cool to him . . . thanks for such an awesome gift! Too bad neither of us remembered to bring a camera . . . I am still mad at myself because between the three of us we have a ton of cameras!

I guess this was some sad travel time with a fun experience! Okay back to life . . . and of course planning for Spring Break travels too!

3 Comments:

Blogger vanilla143 said...

Even with the visit of sad places it sounds like over all it was a worth while experience.
Aren't the words of kids just priceless? ;)

1/30/2010 10:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wasn't it not so long ago that you were hesitant about the travel. Now you've been bit by the travel bug... Yeah for you!!!!

1/31/2010 11:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And part 2 of the story is????

And all the trips across the pond???


a faithfull and loyal reader...heehee

2/10/2010 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home