Memorial Day 2011
I know every year I write the same thing . . . today is just like any other day except it is the day our country formally remembers with a holiday but every day we remember our Sean and all those who died while serving our country. This is the 7th Memorial Day that has true meaning for us . . . hard to believe seven have come and gone but they have. It is sad that it took a death for me to truly understand the meaning of this day. While I have found happiness again in my life, a part of me will be forever missing . . . my heart will always have a void and I will always love and remember Sean until the day that I die. Life does move forward and each day doesn't necessarily get easier but you just learn to cope and try to understand . . .
I don't think I will ever truly understand but I do try some days. I think what I notice the most this year is the photo above. I can not believe how my little boy is growing right before my eyes and SO fast! I think he too has been thinking about Sean . . . he has been asking questions lately so I know something is on his mind; which of course totally breaks my heart. A look back of our Memorial Day visits in 2009, 2010, and today . . .

I don't think I will ever truly understand but I do try some days. I think what I notice the most this year is the photo above. I can not believe how my little boy is growing right before my eyes and SO fast! I think he too has been thinking about Sean . . . he has been asking questions lately so I know something is on his mind; which of course totally breaks my heart. A look back of our Memorial Day visits in 2009, 2010, and today . . .
. . . wishing peace to those families like us today. And a big thanks for all the nice, thoughtful emails reminding me you too are remembering our Sean. It means the world to me!

9 Comments:
Heidi, we're remembering Sean and honoring him and his fallen brothers and sisters today. Kathy keeps us posted on how you're doing, and we continue to pray for you and Collin. Hugs.
with tears... God Bless....
'88 '92
Remembering your hero today!
Heidi, I have been thinking of you, Colin and Sean all day. My deepest thanks and gratitude for all who have served and sacrificed.
Keri
Have thought of you all week...prayers continue for you both.
thinking of you...
Sean's picture hangs on my "Fallen Heroes" wall here at home as a reminder of the sacrifices Sean, you and Colin have made for us. We will always be indebted. We will always remember.
We were remembering and talking about Sean as we spent this past week in New Mexico. I know I say this every year, too, but we will never forget him or the sacrifice he made.
Love you, and your sweet boy.
Heidi, I hope you don't mind me contacting you since I don't know you. But this weekend I was at the Rock n Roll Marathon in Seattle, and I saw a group running to remember. One of the group was wearing a photo of your husband...I thought you might like to know that he was honored this weekend in Seattle. I took a photo and posted it here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/baresilver/5881799199/
As a Marine wife it really touched me to see such a huge group doing this.
I hope that you and your son continue to heal and be blessed every day.
Angie
Post a Comment
<< Home