Thursday, May 19, 2011

wow

Long time no bloggy blog. I really don't know what happened to the time but we are still alive and kicking. Here's what we've been up to . . .

A failed attempt at a 'real' Texas photo . . .

. . . okay so not that bad but waited a couple of weeks too long to get the best bluebonnets.

Quick trip to the local zoo on a no school day . . .


Easter . . .

. . . yep, more Legos!

Mother's Day . . . we continued the tradition of going fishing! Colin was excited about his 'big' catch!


Soccer . . . it is over! He had a much better spring season than fall. The boys really played well together. Colin finally got to play goalie since one week neither goalie showed up for the game. Who cares it was by default, LOL. He was hooked and did not do too bad since he had no idea what to do or where to go. I on the other hand am not a big fan of him playing the position.

. . . did I mention soccer is over until September? Guess who is REALLY excited?

Field Day was lame in my opinion but the kids seemed to have fun. Tug-of-War in the library? Okay so it had rained two days earlier but . . . what is it with everyone has to win? Now I know why kids aren't such good sports when they are out scored . . . this everyone is a winner is crap! Let's teach them we aren't always the best, LOL. I guess it goes along with the generation that feels we owe them something too. Field Day isn't what it was when I was in school . . . the good times nothing but good times!
Hanging out enjoying a sweet treat . . . oh dear he is one messy boy but LOVES strawberries with warm chocolate!

In other not so exciting news . . . I had planned a trip to the west coast. We were to fly to Seattle and take two weeks driving down to California with our final stop at Yosemite . . . yep those plans were cancelled due to my friends changing plans . . . oh well back to square one . . . I am beginning to go nuts at the thought of being home all summer but really have no motivation to get planning either. Oh well . . . give me about 10 days at home with Colin and we will be on the road! Until next time . . . which is about early July . . . just kidding.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to read about your springtime fun. Love all the photos of Colin.

5/19/2011 7:18 PM  
Anonymous LAUREL said...

Heidi, you are just the greatest mom! Colin is so lucky to have you in his life. Enjoy your summer vacation. Looking forward to reading about all your adventures. ; )

5/20/2011 3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home