Friday, November 02, 2012

always playing catch up

So it has been a long, long time since I have posted here . . . honestly not much exciting or boring goes on in our lives these days.  Of course Colin was pumped about Halloween this week, I guess it is THE 'holiday' that kids really look forward to these days.  Speaking of Halloween, no big teaser this year about his costume, and I must admit is brought me great sadness.  I have always loved planning, sewing, and putting it all together and sadly this year my little boy decided he had his own plans.  I want him to make his own decisions but darn it I really loved doing this each year.  I let him decide what he wanted to be, and we already had all the pieces . . .
  
. . . he was so thrilled with his idea and had a great time Trick-or-Treating.  I guess that is what matters the most!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Ruth H said...

Those sweet pictures of a proud little boy are a thrill, yet they bring such a pang to my heart I can only imagine what they did to yours. Congratulations on the great job you are doing with him.

11/03/2012 11:57 AM  
Blogger Shadefarm said...

He is adorable. No doubt his Dad is proud of him and you!

11/05/2012 2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect. Letting go is a process, mom. You're doing a great job.

11/07/2012 10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my...it brought a tear to my eye. He's getting to be such a young man. Looking forward to seeing both of you next week!!

11/11/2012 1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home