chick update
It has been a little over 3 weeks since our lives were turned upside down with 27 baby chicks. They were so adorable and are growing so fast! We are at the half way point of the project . . . less than 3 weeks to go . . . and YES I am counting down the days. They have been fun and kept us both busy, and I am sure I will miss them the most.
We have lost two chicks so down to only 25. The first one died around day 6 and the second one died today. It was difficult for me and thankful it happened while Colin was at school. I knew it was having problems and probably going to die. It would not open its eyes and just laid there even allowing the others to walk over it. I went out after lunch and put it in a towel and sat and patted its back. It sort of had a spastic moment and died just like that . . . I was taken back and sad but knew it was part of the project. We shall see what the next 20 days bring!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home