Resolutions
I am usually not the type of person who makes New Year resolutions but I am finally starting to get into my new life . . . so maybe I will attempt to make a couple! I am not going to make any about exercising because those usually never work out but I do need to start running again . . . I just feel better when I get some exercise!
1. Finish the Travel Scrapbook I started during my summer 2004 visit to Texas. I started putting all the photos of our trips into a book . . . picked the 5-7 that I just loved and made them look nice. It was my summer project that I was going to finish during our Christmas 2004 trip but life changed on November 13.
2. Get copies of the million digital photos from our travels from 2000-2004 and put into photo albums . . . I have already bought the albums . . . just need to get them in order!
3. Organize all the articles and photos that deal with Sean's death . . . all are just in a plastic container waiting for some sort of organization . . . this might be pushing it just a little bit.
4. Take time for myself! What is that?
5. Finish Colin's baby book . . . I have put photos in there but did not write anything on the lines . . . hey, that sounds just like my wedding book too!
6. Finish Colin's Holiday Scrapbook . . . this will be the easiest to accomplish! I think I will have this done by the end of January.
7. Think seriously about where I want to buy a house . . . oh my!
This should keep me busy for a while and then I can come up with some more later in the year. Why does it seem that most of these are short term? I need some long term goals but then again my brain still does not function in the long term mode . . . baby steps!
1. Finish the Travel Scrapbook I started during my summer 2004 visit to Texas. I started putting all the photos of our trips into a book . . . picked the 5-7 that I just loved and made them look nice. It was my summer project that I was going to finish during our Christmas 2004 trip but life changed on November 13.
2. Get copies of the million digital photos from our travels from 2000-2004 and put into photo albums . . . I have already bought the albums . . . just need to get them in order!
3. Organize all the articles and photos that deal with Sean's death . . . all are just in a plastic container waiting for some sort of organization . . . this might be pushing it just a little bit.
4. Take time for myself! What is that?
5. Finish Colin's baby book . . . I have put photos in there but did not write anything on the lines . . . hey, that sounds just like my wedding book too!
6. Finish Colin's Holiday Scrapbook . . . this will be the easiest to accomplish! I think I will have this done by the end of January.
7. Think seriously about where I want to buy a house . . . oh my!
This should keep me busy for a while and then I can come up with some more later in the year. Why does it seem that most of these are short term? I need some long term goals but then again my brain still does not function in the long term mode . . . baby steps!

7 Comments:
I came across your blog and have spent tonight reading all the archives. I have to say Im sorry for all that youve lost. I will be praying for you and your little boy.
YOU CAN DO IT GIRL!!!!! One day and one baby step at a time!:0)
Long term goals are nice but they are reached one day at a time. You should have long term goals and you just related one, buying a house, a very long term goal. Being a mother to Colin is a lifetime task, a good one. That is also a long time goal. LEARNING TO LIVE is a very long time goal. Don't sell yourself short, you have long term goals.
Just for fun, let me suggest one to you; make sure you laugh, tickle or tease Colin at least once per day as his father would do if he were with you. Maybe you do this anyway, but I sense that your sadness may overwhelm you somewhat, that would be not without reason. I'm sure you try to keep that away from Colin as much as possible, but laughs and tickles are good for little boys and I bet Sean had plenty of that with his father and brother when he was little. And for the New Year, just keep on doing your best, I see you as that type person. Happy New Year for you and Colin!
That's a lot of NEW YEAR resolutions....they should keep you busy to 2007!?! ;0)
Anyway, we wish you the Best for 2006....Peace, Joy and Happiness.
Found your blog tonight and I cried hard. We have much in common: my father went to A&M and I remember him telling stories similiar to yours; I was stationed in Germany for 2.5 years; I am an infantryman preparing to go to Iraq; I know my wife worries and I don't know exactly what to say or how to act when she's thinking about "it"...
You have inspired me to take care of some things before I deploy. I will write letters to my wife and each of my girls telling them all of the things I would want to say if I knew I wasn't coming home. I will make sure everything that I can "square-away" is done before I deploy and that it is all in one place, easy to find. I will make sure that the people that I love know it.
I wish there was something I could do for you, but anything I could do would probably only make me feel better and not really mean much to you. Please just know that despite the fact that we've never met, you are an Army wife forever and that makes us family. We all grieve when one of us is lost and we all pray for those left behind. You and your son will be in my prayers. God Bless.
Heidi,
Just wanted to tell you that you inspired me! I got out some scrapbooks that needed to be finished and I actually finished one!:0)
Your resolution inspired me! Hope you and Colin have a Blessed New Year.
Love,
Roxxi
Heidi, those sound like great goals. I'm impressed that you've made so many! Don't be hard on yourself about long term goals....be sure to give yourself some grace.
Post a Comment
<< Home