Pride & Joy
I took Colin to have his 2 year portrait made last week. Needless to say I left in tears and was so stressed. He was not interested to participate at all. After 15 minutes of wrestling and fighting with him I told the photographer, WE ARE DONE! My mom could tell how embarrassed and upset I was with his behavior but we continued on. One of my biggest regrets is that our family; Sean, Colin, and myself, never had a family portrait together . . . it really causes me a great deal of heartache. I hardly ever take photos with Colin so I decided to jump into the pictures this year. Here is a picture of the portrait that I picked up today . . . can you tell I have a death squeeze on him? Do I look stressed or what . . .

So when I look at my little stinker, I realize how much I just love him and how thankful I am to have him in my life. I also forget about the stress of the photo session because the end results were so beautiful. Again, a picture of the portrait . . . I just love black backgrounds!


So when I look at my little stinker, I realize how much I just love him and how thankful I am to have him in my life. I also forget about the stress of the photo session because the end results were so beautiful. Again, a picture of the portrait . . . I just love black backgrounds!

I know his daddy is looking down on us with a huge smile on his face, a tear in his eye (I too have them as I write this), and a great deal of pride for his little boy . . . oh how I wish he was here with us.

12 Comments:
Heidi, beautiful picture that you will look back on years from now with many memories...Lucille
Oh how I wish he was there with you and colin too..
What a BEAUTIFUL picture.....
You don't know me...but please know that you are all in my constant thoughts and prayers.
Sweet Sean is there with you. How I wish there was more that I could do for you all.
I am praying and continuing to pray for you and for peace for you all.
With love,
GODstxgirl
The pictures are beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
Beautiful!
I think you both look absolutely beautiful...stunning, really.
Hey Heidi, I love the pictures! He is getting so big! Off topic, congratulations on being a writer for the LT Smash page. Here's the link in case you want to check it out. http://www.lt-smash.us/ Hope to see you soon, Genie
Absolutely stunning!
LG,
Alex
Yes...tears here too now that you mention things that way. Yes, big tough former infantrymen tend to do that I guess.
On the lighter note, you're not the only parent that's had this experience. I'll paste a link to our experience with MajorBaby during OPERATION GLAMOUR SHOT last year...
http://www.majordad1984.com/archives/2005/07/majorbaby_goes.html
We wound up with some very good pictures of her too, but how I'll never know.
As far as the issue of family portraits, I know the feeling you have...and so does my mother every time she reminds me that I "owe" her one of my family. I'm sure that you can "put one together" even if it is a collage of you as individuals. Sometimes it's tough to have family photos with everyone in them...someone has to hold the camera, right?
Take care...
MajorDad1984
You both look sooo pretty!
I would like to jump in there and give you guys a hug :).
We wish so much that Sean could be here with the two of you!
P.S. Can you post a picture from your childhood?....is that rude to ask?
You and Colin look great! Hard to believe it was a difficult photo session ~ he looks like such a charmer in the photo. All smiles. :)
Heidi,
Colin has turned into such a handsome little boy. He has such an expressive and mischievous face. What a precious blessing you have!
Holle
Post a Comment
<< Home