The Day After
Yesterday was just another day . . . I still got dressed the same way and got very little accomplished. It hurt, but I had told myself that I was going to spend every minute of the day with Colin just being his mom. In the back of my mind I was thinking about what I was doing two years ago . . . I compared Texas time to Germany time to Iraq time . . . I will probably be doing this for the next few weeks.
The hours ticked by so slowly but I survived the day just like I do every other day but what helped the most was hearing from people . . .
. . . who knew us well and those that never met us
. . . stories of fond memories that made me smile
. . . that are still completing the mission
. . . who stood by me at the darkest hours
. . . who have remembered me, Colin, and Sean's sacrifice
Thank you, thank you, thank you for remembering Sean and taking the time to send me words of encouragement and support . . . you just can't imagine how much that means to me. I know that Sean would expect me to be strong . . . I just don't think he would have ever imagined how 'strong' I have been . . . I know he is deeply saddened for leaving us alone but very proud too. So many thanks to those who took the time to send me a message!
The hours ticked by so slowly but I survived the day just like I do every other day but what helped the most was hearing from people . . .
. . . who knew us well and those that never met us
. . . stories of fond memories that made me smile
. . . that are still completing the mission
. . . who stood by me at the darkest hours
. . . who have remembered me, Colin, and Sean's sacrifice
Thank you, thank you, thank you for remembering Sean and taking the time to send me words of encouragement and support . . . you just can't imagine how much that means to me. I know that Sean would expect me to be strong . . . I just don't think he would have ever imagined how 'strong' I have been . . . I know he is deeply saddened for leaving us alone but very proud too. So many thanks to those who took the time to send me a message!

14 Comments:
Hang in there Mrs Heidi; mission still continues here and on the homefront.
For what it is worth, we nabbed some Derkas last night with no injuries - good mission.
Hopefully, one day we'll meet and my wife and I will buy you some chow and talk smack. You all look alike and seem like similar personalities.
Keep your chin up and smile - I am sure Sean would love to see your smile looking up at him. Hang tough Ranger wife - you've got quite a crowd around you who shoot protective prayers ya'lls way.
Your Friend/Scott Nelson
I think we have emailed a few times or so but Heidi you never cease to amaze me. As a woman you exhibit everything I would like to be and see as a strong, compassionate woman. I am sure Sean has looked down upon a time or two proud and confident of you and everything you do.
You truly amaze me, every day I read.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and Colin. I can not imagine what you went through and what you continue to go through. Heidi, as you continue to write, Sean continues to liveāhe will not be forgotten.
Sean should be proud as all get-out of you! We all think the world of you, and most of us barely know you. I know he is the proudest of any of us.
Heidi: you continue to show amazing strength, courage and integrity as the time passes. I'm sure that Sean is watching you and Colin and is so very proud of all that you've accomplished. You are raising an adorable little man, building a house and making a life for yourself.
It's the best tribute you could give to him.
I thought of you yesterday. Hope you are hanging in there.
I don't know what to say except that I pray for you often and I am glad the day is over for you. I hope Colin realizes one day what an awesome mom he has.
Heidi and Colin =
Send prayers and hugs your way.
You were in my thoughts and prayers last weekend and this week, Heidi, along with the Iwan family and all those who lived through the worst. We all admire your strength.
Heidi~
Reid and I send our thoughts, prayers and hugs your way.
Heidi... I read your blog from the link on KBG's blog. I don't really know what to say to you. I just wanted you to know that I check your blog often and I think that your strength and courage are amazing.
Mandy
(fellow Army Wife)
I am truly, truly amazed and inspired by your strength. I hope one day I can give you a real hug, until then, here's a virtual one from my family to yours. Sean and your family's sacrifice will never be forgotten...
Monique
We think of your family often and share your stories of strength and courage.
you have been in my thoughts this week. The three of you. I prayed for your continued strength. I also prayed for that light that continues to shine through your spirit.
That is what amazes me, and I see that same shining in that little one.
Post a Comment
<< Home