Tuesday, October 30, 2007

no red today

So we have had a red card for over a week . . . yes everyday for over a week. Now this is driving me crazy but I am trying to not stress over it because after all he is ONLY 3. I know my child is a stinker, but I am also beginning to think that someone is being too damn picky for a three year old. Why no red today? He is not going to school . . . he has a fever of 103! Just great! Of course it is dentist day for me but once again my parents have saved the day . . . what the heck would I do without them? I think they deserve a nice long trip somewhere after all they have been married for almost 38 years . . . I am still working on that one since Sean and I helped foot the bill for his parents' a nice anniversary trip years back . . . at least we had a sibling or two (not sure who paid) to split the cost with. Back on topic, what now? I am going to have to have a talk with someone at school. The boy is getting in trouble EVERY day at nap. I mean how many ways can I express he doesn't sleep and/or need a nap. He sleeps for 12 solid hours at home each night. They have these high tech cameras so I am going to ask the director if I can come watch one day during nap to see what the problem is . . . of course he will be perfect that day but maybe they will have a heads up that I am not a happy camper and this parent likes to tell others when she is not happy which could mean no referrals! I have even considered a move but that is premature at this point. He needs this and I need it too. So the verdict is still out. Before he woke up sick, I told him if he had a red card today then no Halloween Party at school. Since I am off on Wednesday, I think he will miss it any way and without notice so maybe the teacher will wonder why he has been absent for two days with no call. She knows I am a teacher and I have no problems with her it is just the assistant. Okay I am putting the issue to rest.

In other news, back in July I got an email from a classmate from high school . . . she had heard about Sean and wanted to get to know me as an adult. How nice I thought. Then I decided to log back in to www.classmates.com to see if anyone I knew was on there. I had a message from a girl I went to school with . . . Hi, A. I know you are reading this! I was so thrilled because she moved away and I had always wondered what happened to her. I immediately wrote her and told her that I just saw she left a message. It was like we were both 14 again. I really liked her in school. We emailed back and forth and one day it stopped. I was disappointed but understood how people were busy (okay, not really but that is nice to say) and did not have time. Fast forward to this weekend and 3 months . . . she wrote again! Apparently, me email reply got lost (happens often sending from AOL to Yahoo). So now we are going to keep tabs on each other. I remember her being very chatty and so darn funny . . . I liked her sacrism and quirky thoughts. I just got an email from her and her writing is just as I remember her talking . . . it put a smile on my face! So, thanks A. for being a lurker and peeking into my life . . . now stick around and let's get to know each other!

I did not eat breakfast this morning so grabbed a bag of popcorn to eat on my break . . . I bought it last week at the commissary (grocery store) and it is so yummy! It is by Orville Redenbacher's and it is the natural single serve mini bag buttery salt and pepper! Sound gross? It is nice and peppery! I ate the bag in about a minute! I also bought buttery garlic but haven't tried it . . . was super cheap (why I bought it) but not coupon.

Break is over gotta run . . . hope it makes sense because no time to re-read!

5 Comments:

Blogger Casey said...

Thumbs up on the salt and pepper popcorn! I'm addicted, as well!! It's super yummy!! :-)

10/30/2007 5:43 PM  
Blogger Roxxi said...

I bought the same popcorn but I have not ventured to try it yet! Joe said it sounded gross so more for me right?!:0)

10/30/2007 10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope Colin is feeling better!? Keep us posted on the day care saga ~ goodness, those people sound a bit rigid with the LOOOONG naps and red cards. I like your idea of observing for awhile. Are there any other day care facilities near-by you would consider moving him to or is this one the best?

10/31/2007 6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had an old friend reach out to me from the Classmates site a few years ago. It had been nearly 20 years since we had seen each other - yet we picked up where we left off. She was part of a time in my life that was in turmoil, troubled and unpleasant - she was the only bright spot in that time. I had always missed her and consider it a blessing to have her back in my life again.

I hope you are able to stay connected to your friend - it really is something very special.

10/31/2007 9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thumbs up to Classmates.com. I had the same happen to me. I found my best friend from the 10th grade. She moved to Arkansas from Iowas in 10th grade and was there for only a year but in that year we because fast friends and it was as if we had been friends for life. Then about 1988 when Bill and I had gotten married she found me, she was having a hard time with her marriage and needed to get away and came and visited for a month and then went back home and I never heard from here again. Fast forward to probly about a year ago and I go on the site and she has sent me and email I was so excited and now we have vowed to never lose track of each other again and hopefully some day we will be able to see each other again. She has lost both her parents and is estranged from her siblings and it was just so nice to find her again. I feel like I found a sister who I had lost. Again I say classmstes is awesome

11/05/2007 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home