Foto Friday: my brother
So if you really know me you know I don't have a brother but my parents used to joke with me that this was my brother . . .

Yes, Howdy Doody was my puppet brother. Of course I do have a collection of Howdy Doody memorabilia and see items from time to time while browsing antique stores. This photo was taken while Sean and I spent our first anniversary in Washington, D.C back in 1999. We drove up to visit his parents before they moved to China . . . nothing like celebrating an anniversary with the in-laws . . . who had no idea it was even our first anniversary. We spent most of our days seeing the tourist spots since it was Sean's first and only time to D.C.

Yes, Howdy Doody was my puppet brother. Of course I do have a collection of Howdy Doody memorabilia and see items from time to time while browsing antique stores. This photo was taken while Sean and I spent our first anniversary in Washington, D.C back in 1999. We drove up to visit his parents before they moved to China . . . nothing like celebrating an anniversary with the in-laws . . . who had no idea it was even our first anniversary. We spent most of our days seeing the tourist spots since it was Sean's first and only time to D.C.
And if you ever saw the Howdy Doody Show; my great grandmother was named Clara Belle . . . aren't we just a funny family.

6 Comments:
I get it! Too funny! Hope your summer is going well...Hot here....ick.
L
Heidi,
That is great!
:) awesome
hilarious that your great grandmother was Clara Belle.
would be even funnier if she married into the family...that would definitely be destiny :)
Thanks for my chuckle of the day ~ too cute!
That is pretty funny. Hey, the light in this picture makes it look like you're both dressed alike too.
I grew up with Howdy Doody! Thanks for sharing that! ; )
Post a Comment
<< Home