not so bad
I knew parking near the appraisal office/courthouse was crazy so I gave myself plenty of time to park and walk. The lady was about 40 minutes behind but so nice once we had our meeting. I was prepared but I don't think she truly understood me . . . I knew of 5 houses exactly the same blueprints as mine, same builder, same materials inside and mine was appraised way higher than any of them . . . I got some song and dance story about the difference of the neighborhood, blah, blah, blah. I also mentioned that a house across from me was 300 sq. ft. larger than mine was appraised $4,000 less than mine; just makes no sense . . . some song and dance about how it was cheaper to build a larger house . . . yeah so building a larger house is cheaper? I left it alone because I did not want her to think I was attacking her. She did immediately take off around $7,000 for a fireplace I did not have and Colin's play house since that is not taxable. I continued to tell myself that it will help but those were like pocket change compared to the living area. She took my research and is suppose to call me when her boss approves any changes. My thought is that if I am not happy then next year I will go back. I feel good about the process and was very polite and made it known that I was not complaining just concerned on such a huge difference . . . and that I wanted this amount to be fair. All I can do now is wait for her to call back . . . I will let it go until next year.
Oh and if you are thinking about doing this . . . take photos with you so when they ask to see it you are prepared. I did and it really helped with the process. And last night I was thinking none of my plants were growing so pulled up some photos . . . okay, things have really grown in the last year!

Hey, maybe that new tree is part of the problem, lol!
Oh and if you are thinking about doing this . . . take photos with you so when they ask to see it you are prepared. I did and it really helped with the process. And last night I was thinking none of my plants were growing so pulled up some photos . . . okay, things have really grown in the last year!
Hey, maybe that new tree is part of the problem, lol!

4 Comments:
atta girl! proud of ya :)
GO HEIDI!
glad you got a meeting so fast! Rememeber to focus on the cost per square foot. That is a great tool to use for comparisons.
What a beautiful house, Heidi! I love it! Can I ask how many sq feet you have? What I wouldn't give to see homes like that around here!
Post a Comment
<< Home