Friday, May 23, 2008

Foto Friday: Then and Now

I think (okay I know) what has made me get through the hard days the most is reliving memories especially looking at photos with our friends. The Army life was so foreign to me and one that I was hesitant about but I will tell you it was the best years of my life (so far)! I would not trade that experience for anything . . . the friends I made and continue to keep in touch are just priceless. I went back to a photo of some of the first friends I made, the Kilbrides'. Sean and Jack worked together in 3/187 at Fort Campbell. Chris was his girlfriend and when she would fly down from New York to visit Jack we would usually end up spending more time together than her and Jack. She was fun and always made me laugh. Now Jack and Chris are such New Yorkers . . . not that I know what NYers are suppose to be like but they were just hysterical. They finally got married and we have managed to stay in touch over the years. They went to Italy when we were in Germany and we visited a time or two. They were at my house a couple days after my terrible news . . . friends are just the best. The four of us had the best time when we were together . . . we could usually be found on a Friday or Saturday night at Mulligans in Nashville . . . oh memories! Sidenote: in a Southern Living magazine I recently read it mentioned Mulligans . . . I miss my old life.
THEN: They came to visit us at Fort Knox for a weekend of just hanging out . . .






NOW . . . well actually spring 2006 . . . I met up with them in Rome and what a blast we had . . . of course before Rome was Florence with the Ridgeway duo . . . way too much fun!


No photo of the three of us so this will have to do . . . and they are moving back to the US . . . so looks like I have another stop on the Kansas circuit!

Seems like Foto Friday has a theme . . . remembering friendships!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so right ~ the Army has brought together some wonderful friendships and I'm so glad I got the chance to meet and get to know you and Sean! I'm happy our friendship continues on...

5/24/2008 6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heidi,

The Kilbrides are typical NYers with their accent and crazy ways (Jack's driving & Chris' over the top storytelling), but they are definitely not your typical couple. They have a heart of gold as big as NY. I've enjoyed their friendship as well. We could consider a little KS reunion and bring the kids too. Florence was a blast and I hope to see you soon. I'm planning on going to see Wicked before we leave... want to make plans? Think about it... colin would have a blast with Sam & Cate. I'm glad that we still keep in touch. Think about NY before our last year is up. :-)

love, T

5/24/2008 2:32 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Thinking of you, Sean, and Colin on this Memorial Day...

5/26/2008 3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home