Thursday, May 22, 2008

that time

It is that time of year again . . . I sort of want to just escape but don't. It really irritates me that so many businesses use this 'holiday' to promote sales. Of course I will probably take advantage since Texas is offering tax free on many energy star products (even light bulbs) this weekend. I mean what is so happy about this upcoming day. I did get an email from a store in McKinney that I am on their mass email list and at least they had a sentence it there to remind people to take a moment to remember the sacrifices our military members have made . . . first one and think I will shoot them an email back thanking them for remembering. Not sure if I will post much but I will be remembering Sean and the thousands like him especially those who I have met or our lives have crossed.

7 Comments:

Blogger keri said...

Heidi - Remembering Sean, you & Colin, as well as all others like him on this solemn day.

5/23/2008 9:17 AM  
Blogger Jenn - The Army Wife Life said...

Heidi -
I agree with you that this holiday has become way too commercialized, people just don't think about why we have this day in the first place, and it's not really a cause for celebration. I wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you, and I read your blog often. Our husbands only served together for a short time in 2/2, but I love reading about how you and Colin are doing. People like Sean, (and you and Colin as well!) are what this day is all about.

Jennifer Echevarria

5/23/2008 9:34 AM  
Blogger Lara said...

Me, too, Heidi. We'll be remembering you and Sean and all those who have given their lives for our freedom.

Hugs,
L

5/23/2008 10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will be honoring American heroes on this day. Team Sims is always in our hearts and prayers.
With love,
Jenna's mom

5/24/2008 2:55 PM  
Blogger The Mrs. said...

you, your son, your husband, his family, and all your friends who miss him terribly are in my thoughts this weekend. the world is a better place for having someone like him leave his mark.

5/26/2008 8:54 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Heidi,
I don't personally know you, but I ran across your blog a while back (I am not even sure how). I am an Army wife with 3 little ones. My husband is currently deployed to Afghanistan.

I have never commented before, but today I felt compelled. I just want you to know that you and your family are in my prayers. Even without knowing you, you've been in my prayers in the past many times. I would like to say thank you to your husband for paying the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. I would also like to thank you and your son for enduring what is unimaginable for most of us. I pray that today you can find some peace and know that there are many people out there, whether you know them or not, that are thinking of you and your family often and remember your sacrifice.

Amy DiMarco

PS. If you have any interest in reading my blog please email me at amy.dimarco@us.army.mil. My blog is private so I'd have to send you an invitation. God Bless.

5/26/2008 2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heidi,

I have never left a comment on your blog before (shame on me, I like comments on my blog), but today I was searching for an appropriate blog entry for me to write a note to you. First of all, how I "found" your blog. My daughter and "FG" attended second grade together. When Patti went to Guam and started blogging, that's how my daughter and I kept up with Patti and FG. Through her blog I found yours. I may not be your most faithful reader, but I do follow you while you are learning to live.
The reason I write today is that there is an "ongoing" event "run for the fallen" an apolitical organization running a mile for every soldier killed during OEF and OIF. The final day of this even will be August 24th when "anyone and everyone" is encouraged to run a mile (or more) dedicated to a fallen soldier. With your permission I would like to dedicate my miles on August 24th
to your husband.

6/18/2008 10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home