sick call
It is moments like this afternoon that I really hate the fact I am Colin's only parent. It is when he is sick that really wears me out . . . I have no one to tag team with or to give me a break. Thankfully he is not sick that often but when he complains then I know something is wrong. I just love the fact that our doctor will work him in even with a late afternoon phone call . . . he woke up from nap crying and complaining of his head, ear, and throat hurting. The school called and told me that his fever was only 99.4 but he was upset . . . I was already on my way to pick him up since the Sims were dropping by for a quick visit. I know when he is clingy and cries that he doesn't feel well . . . and when he falls asleep in my lap while in the waiting room he isn't well. His fever rose and his little legs were hurting so bad that he could not stand to be weighed. The doc did not know what was wrong but probably some sort of bacterial infection . . . so we are on a antibiotic. I told Colin we were going to pick up the medicine and head home. I pulled into CVS and the boy started screaming that he wanted to go home . . . poor guy was just miserable and needed some cuddling. We made it home with big tears but within two hours of taking the medicine he was talking and walking and feeling better.

So this lazy mom got tired of holding the cold rag on his head so I 'tied' it up with a face mask . . . clever isn't it!
So this lazy mom got tired of holding the cold rag on his head so I 'tied' it up with a face mask . . . clever isn't it!

2 Comments:
These are the times when you stop worrying about accepting help from your folks, they know you can handle it, but for your sake and Colin's let them help you through sick times. It will make memories Colin will carry throughout his lifetime, and will give you some "you" times for rest when he is sick. At my age a certain sound will trigger memories of when my grandmother took care of me through tonsilitis.
Trust me you are not the only single parent that has ever felt like that. You feel bad that they feel so awful but at the same time you are so exhausted you can hardly keep your eyes open. The worst for me was when we both had the flu at the same time. Somehow with strength all moms have you just do what you have to and make it through.....Be a single mom is hard but I think in the long run it makes you a stronger even better parent
Post a Comment
<< Home