Tuesday, May 20, 2008

more than photos

It seems as if all I do is post my Friday Foto but I promise there has been more to life than just photos. Let's see . . .
1. Yard work which I love to do. There is nothing more pleasing than to turn in our drive way and see my flowers. This year I have planted Zinnas and Portalaca both are suppose to love the sun so we will see how they do by August! I did have a little battle with the snails already and I am sure they will win in the long run . . . why do they have to eat all the leaves?

2. Food! Yummy! It is getting hot here in Texas so that means no using the oven because then the house is hot and I am too cheap to turn the AC down. I fixed a yummy lunch today, Thai Chicken with Coconut Rice. Sorry, I don't know the recipe because it was one of those Super Supper things! The fresh green bean were so crunchy and the sesame oil was aromatic. My other summer favorite is fresh salad (from the garden) with homemade Tzatziki (yogurt cucumber sauce) which I swear is amazing and so easy to make. Oh how I wish it was the real stuff from the Gyro men in Vilseck but it is pretty good. Why is it so hard to cook ethnic food that taste good?

3. The garden is growing except my cilantro died or looks fried. I noticed a few green tomatoes already so I can't wait. It is too bad it is already so hot because the lettuce will stop growing. I must take some photos before it starts to wilt and die. I am proud that it looks so nice if I must brag.

4. Colin got his first 'school' photo last week. I am sad to say that my baby is getting so grown up looking. I swear that boy takes good photos for now . . .

5. School is almost out! Almost will not be here quick enough for some . . . hard to believe another school year has ticked by and I only have one more year before Colin starts real school . . . oh decisions, decisions will have to be made in less than a year on where he will attend Kindergarten.

6. I went to a baby shower last Saturday. I have mentioned before how sad it makes me that I only had one child but the more I am around babies the more I am content and accepting that Colin will be my only child. I heard a song by Trace Adkins the other night something about You're Gonna Miss This . . . wow, talk about putting things in perspective. I already look back and realize how much I miss about when he was 1 or 2, or a tiny baby. It seems we always want our kids to grow up and before you know it they are gone. Back to getting ready for the shower . . . I have added some extra weight that I am not proud about (who is?) so I waited until the last minute to find something to wear. I had a skirt and a sweater set my mom bought on clearance months ago that still had tags on it. The shell said it was a 4-6 so I knew I could squeeze into it and the cardigan would cover any tight areas . . . the cardigan said it was a size (10-11). Great! As we were getting in the car, the top button popped off so I knew I had to go change . . . out of the corner of my eye I noticed the Jehovah Witnesses getting out of their car . . . great! I don't like to ignore them so I acted as if we were leaving, they passed our house, zipped back in the garage, door down, Colin still strapped in car seat, ran in the house, threw clothes on floor (big no-no growing up) and found a total new outfit. Wasn't the best but it sure was more comfortable that the first one. When I got home that night I looked at the tags . . . shell was a size 1-2 and the cardigan was a 4-6 but the tags had what I thought they were; neither which are my size. They were added to the stack to go to Goodwill.

7. Cleaning out clothes . . . we have way too many clothes and I need to stop buying even if Gymboree is having a great sale.

I guess that about wraps it up for us. My mom had shoulder surgery last week so I have not had them to watch Colin as much as they would like . . . my dad did watch him a few hours while I went to the shower which was nice. I sure hope this helps my mom with the pain she has had for months . . . she is recovering much faster than she did on the first time.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Ah, the Greek shop in Vilseck! You know, we have one here. It is SOOO not the same thing. It makes me sad to eat it because it is nowhere near as good.

5/20/2008 8:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

In Koln they have Doner Kebobs, which are AMAZING...gyros anywhere else.

do you have a mulch bin for recycling/garden or soil fertilizer?

more in an email soon

5/21/2008 12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heidi, I'd love to have your recipe for tzatziki -- I am so addicted to it and afraid I won't be able to make it with ingredients I can find in the states. Can you post your recipe?

5/21/2008 1:25 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Yeah, I agree with the last commenter (sp?)...that tzatziki sounds good!!

5/21/2008 5:11 PM  
Blogger ABW said...

Oh gymboree.....I shouldn't have asked for that code. Couldn't resist the shirts with the construction trucks on them, with matching plaid shorts.

5/21/2008 9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home